I bought a Pearl off of eBay intended for T-Mobile, but unlocked on all networks. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

titancompu no está en línea Stack level 2

ATT Firmware

Advertisement

I bought a Pearl off of eBay intended for T-Mobile, but unlocked on all networks. I've been using it on ATT, but it's been lately acting a little moronic. At random times, I'll get SIM card error messages and have to restart. This morning, it stopped getting text messages, and even stopped sending them. I still haven't corrected this even with a restart. Is there any way I can put ATT's firmware on there (logos and all), and see if that fixes the problem?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: ATT Firmware

you can, but not sure that is an OS issue if you are having SMS and SIM errors. Might have a SIM card going out. You can stop by an AT&T store and they can replace it hopefully

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can run any 8100 OS from any carrier, but the logos will still continue to show T-Mo. I am with Clif, it may be a SIM card. If you want to try loading a new OS, you can get them from a thread at the top of this forum. I would suggest a non-TMo OS. The TMo's seem to be a little more glitchy on other networks because of the Fave5 and other TMo stuff.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

So I'd just download the OS at the top of the forum, but how would I load it?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Here is the walkthrough thread. Good luck and post back here if you get stuck.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

The only problem I see is having no way to load it from my mac.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah, sorry that would be a problem. What I did is install Parallels (or you can go to Boot Camp if you have Leopard, or VMWare), then install a copy of Windows so you can use Desktop Manager.