So for the past week and a half or so, i have been trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hlthnut no está en línea Stack level 1

ATT Customers...IM NOT RECEIVING/SENDING txt msgs. help plz

Advertisement

So for the past week and a half or so, i have been trying to send txt msgs and the ppl are not getting them. The same goes for receiving. I am not sure what is going on....as it is random. Sometimes I can get them and I'll be in the middle of a convo and then we will be sending them back and forth and neither parties are receiving. I have tried to send them to different providers, att, tmobile, verizon and it is very random. Has anyone ever experienced this? I have called tech support a handful of times and no one seems to know what is going on. Ive done the battery thing, the service center, ect. But nothing helps. If anyone has any advice, that would be helpful. Oh and I have ATT. Thanks in advance!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: ATT Customers...IM NOT RECEIVING/SENDING txt msgs. help plz

Quote Originally Posted by hlthnut
    So for the past week and a half or so, i have been trying to send txt msgs and the ppl are not getting them. The same goes for receiving. I am not sure what is going on....as it is random. Sometimes I can get them and I'll be in the middle of a convo and then we will be sending them back and forth and neither parties are receiving. I have tried to send them to different providers, att, tmobile, verizon and it is very random. Has anyone ever experienced this? I have called tech support a handful of times and no one seems to know what is going on. Ive done the battery thing, the service center, ect. But nothing helps. If anyone has any advice, that would be helpful. Oh and I have ATT. Thanks in advance!
    I don't have ATT but just from a technical standpoint if you have another device put your sim in there for a day and see if the issue continues. That will at least narrow down if it is a network problem or a device problem.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes, this has been an issue before.

i would make sure you are provisioned, thru ATT, for sms/mms messaging...a lot of times, they have to remove it and re-add it for the bb

have you sent yourself a message?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

pm me and with ur number and I will provision ur accouint correctly
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

yes, i just got off the phone with technical support (who was really nice by the way!) and they are sending me to a store to figure out if its the sim card. we've done all the tests, and it seems I can send and receive (most of the time) through ATT customers, but outside providers do not receive at all, and I randomly receive theirs. Thanks for your advice! Ill check back and let everyone know what the issue was (if it gets fixed). On the att website forum, it seems like this txt msg problem is common for the past 2 weeks or so. Some can be fixed easily and others are more complicated. THANKS AGAIN!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

I had the same problem with mine and I think it was harry3334 that reset mine and it works great now. I doubt seriously that it's your sim card but worth a try!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I had the same problem with mine and I think it was harry3334 that reset mine and it works great now. I doubt seriously that it's your sim card but worth a try!
    Thank u
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Just to let everyone know....I did the swappy of the sim card thing and it started working within about 1-2 hours. so far so good. im going to watch it though. Thanks for your responses!