Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello! I've searched around here and on google as well as spoken to one att ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mimic42100 no está en línea Stack level 1

att and 4.5

Advertisement

Hello!
    I've searched around here and on google as well as spoken to one att rep about when 4.5 may be avail from att to its users.
    When I found the links to get the update here, I thought weather or not updating from here would possibly make my phone not work on the att network.
    The service rep told me to wait, but I want to stream youtube videos to my 8100 ASAP!
    Anyways, thanks for reading. I hope I asked my question in a clear mannor.

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Yep, very clear! I was a little wary about updating for the first time also. There is no reason why you shouldn't update with another carrier's OS as long as you delete the vendor.xml file. If you have any more questions, just ask!

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    And by the way, there is a list on the homepage of the newest OS's for each model. You should use one of those.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good luck with youtube on your 8100. I've been trying all the different 4.5 versions around and still can't get it to work on mine. Just gets blank media player screen. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    yeah, a few people have had that problem. and they've all been w/ the Optus carrier...
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can watch one or two youtube videos and then I just get an error message about invalid URL if I keep trying to watch more unless I either restart or close and then reopen the browser.....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes.. Youtube as such I'm not able to watch them.. But there are a few pages that allows you to watch videos. Give blueapple.mobi a shot. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

deceive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC31BF
    I just update to 4.5 yesterday. I have yet to try the YouTube thing yet. But one thing I did notice was that I don't have html email viewing. Is there some option that I need to turn on? I would have thougt att would have updated their BIS to 4.5 Am I missing something?
    ~via BB. (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Try resending your service books. You can do this by running the email setup wizard and going to the account page. Sign in then scroll down to service books and clck it, then scroll down again to send service books. It should work after that!

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok. After reading this thread I'm still a bit skeptical about upgrading..should I just wait for att to come out with their 4.5 release or should I give it try? I don't wanna go thru a lot of hassle with upgrading n removing this n that and resending this n that. I just wanna be able to upgrade in one shot n have my html and my streaming video.wut do you guys think?

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4
    Upgrade is fine - just know that your memory card could mess up your device, causing it to restart continuously. That's what mine did, and I found out removing the memory card will help.
    As far as YouTube, I just tested it on 4.5 and it's fine, no problems seen.

Pritesh

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So I can't have a memory card when I upgrade? So how will I use all my apps n games?

deceive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC31BF
    I upgraded and have a 4gb memory card in there. I haven't had any of the rebooting issues people keep mentioning (knock on wood). So I don't think its a guaranteed thing that your going to have that problem.

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on att and I upgraded to 4.5 from orange UK and so far its great only issue so far is that when I receive missed calls sometimes the led keeps blinking after checking a battery pull fixes it other than that all the features were worth upgrading I'm on blackberry pearl 8100 so that's all I can speak for ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    Ok. After reading this thread I'm still a bit skeptical about upgrading..should I just wait for att to come out with their 4.5 release or should I give it try? I don't wanna go thru a lot of hassle with upgrading n removing this n that and resending this n that. I just wanna be able to upgrade in one shot n have my html and my streaming video.wut do you guys think?
    There is really no reason to be scared. There are plenty of How-To's on PinStack to show you how to upgrade and you can always just ask if you have problems- which I doubt you will, but that's not saying you won't... As long as you delete the vendor.xml, there is no reason you're upgrade should not work properly! Just make sure you have plenty of time to do the upgrade (about an hour) and don't unplug anything, and you should be fine.
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast