I know i know this is an old topic but I cant get an answer... ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

herfigurefemale no está en línea Stack level 1

ATT 8120 wifi not working...no config preferred option?

Advertisement

I know i know this is an old topic but I cant get an answer...

basically mine connects to WIFI but never utilizes it over the edge network.

i am having the same problems as stgalsman posted about in these threads
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post876941

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...mp=true#M34797

i dont have that config screen where you can set the wifi preferred. basically on my home network is says its connected but it keeps a yellow circle next to it.

i have hotspot browser selected, and a wifi profile set up to connect automatically.

what is orange vs O2? do i need a software/firmware update?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Since you don't list your OS version it's hard to know if you need an update - my guess would be that you don't but you can compare yours to the most current:If you don't have the most current you can update to see if that provides the config screen that you're missing. Hope that helps.

Please also update your profile with essential info such as location, carrier, OS version, etc. when you get a chance. It will help users when answering your questions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

herfigurefemale no está en línea Stack level 1
    says version 4.3.0.91

also im in the US - does that matter (is there an orange site?)

I'm in the US too and I'm using the latest OS - it doesn't matter where you get the OS as long as you install the OS for YOUR device. You must delete the vendor file AFTER you download the OS to your p-c and BEFORE you install it on your phone.

See:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

shawn1899 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the latest 8120 - 4.3.0.105 on my pearl

When I go to options, mobile network I can only change the option to turn data on or off..

Under Network it shows AT&T but does not give me any option to select wifi preferred or change it at all

Any help?

This may be an AT&T thing - I'm not familiar with them (I'm T-Mobile) but I believe that AT&T allows wi-fi only for data, not voice. There may be a difference in the selection(s) because of that. Maybe a more experienced Support/Device Pro or 8120 user can help with this info for you.

shawn1899 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That makes sense. I'm sure att locked that portion up for whatever reason.

Oh well. At least it has wifi for when edge sucks.

Thanks

Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stlgasman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is the link for how to install a new OS: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-04-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: replace link to BB forums with PS link

danny.boi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm not familiar with the AT&T version of the Pearl 8120....

But on the T-Mobile Curve, there is an ICON in the regular settings menu that says "Manage Connections." In here, you can set your device to WiFi preferred or mobile network preferred.