Blackberry reveals failure cause The Blackberry is often relied on to access e-mails The maker ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

at least blackberry is honest

Advertisement

Blackberry reveals failure cause

The Blackberry is often relied on to access e-mails

The maker of the Blackberry wireless e-mail device says an insufficiently tested software upgrade was the cause of this week's network failure.
    Blackberry's US and North American users lost their service on Tuesday and Wednesday as a result of the problem.
    Research In Motion (RIM) said it was now looking to improve its testing and recovery processes to prevent such an outage happening again.
    There are about eight million Blackberry users around the world.
    'Below expectations'
    Blackberry said in a statement that the failure was trigged by "the introduction of a new, non-critical system routine" designed to increase the system's e-mail holding space.
    It admitted that "the pre-testing of the system routine proved to be insufficient".
    So long as RIM solves whatever went wrong and communicates it well enough to customers, we foresee no lasting impact

Analyst Chris Umiastowski

Check RIM's share price

RIM added that the process designed to maintain the service in the event of a failure "did not fully perform to its expectations", causing a longer delay before the system was restored.
    Analysts said they did not expect the outage to affect the Blackberry's popularity.
    "So long as RIM solves whatever went wrong and communicates it well enough to customers, we foresee no lasting impact," said D Newcrest analyst Chris Umiastowski.
    It is estimated that RIM has around 45% of the market for smart phones.
    Preliminary figures recently showed that the firm's profits jumped tenfold to $187m (£94m) in the three months to 3 March.
    The network disruption comes as RIM faces a formal probe by the US financial watchdog, the Securities and Exchange Commission, over its stock options.

rayul22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2059B4F7

Re: at least blackberry is honest

tks for the info

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

thanks for that antx16! been wondering what the problem was..

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Rim honest?? Lol
    Didn't they just adjust their earnings for the last couple of years or something like that? Were talking Mega millions here. I think most big companies are kinda evil. I'm partial to rim since I love my pearl.

Thanks for the update though
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info. I was wonderin how many costumera they have and there you go lol.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

i thought it might be an article of interest