I just unlocked my blackberry pearl 8100 so i could slip in an at&t sim ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joshm6946 no está en línea Stack level 1

At&t "edge"

Advertisement

I just unlocked my blackberry pearl 8100 so i could slip in an at&t sim in it so i could use it as a go phone since i'm going on a trip and im just doing it temporary to avoid roaming charges and such with my current carrier. Ever since I slipped the sim card in for "go phone" ive been noticing numerous problems. For instance one of them was everytime the phone started up I would get an error message 453 or something like that and i would get charged for it everytime and also I noticed when i slipped the sim in it right away my browser icon changed to saying "media net" and i'm not even using it and it keeps charging me a few cents here and there and when i look it up on my go phone account it says the charges are for "GPRS". Is there a way i could turn the *data* off or anything so i could just use the phone for voice and sms? I notice in the corner it says "edge" in lowercase. I just need help to fix some setting or something to avoid these charges i'm getting for "GPRS". I also know i'm getting charged because everytime i use the phone for txt, voice and supposedly the data im using (im not) i recieve some kind of txt saying my balance and how much i just got charged.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: At&t "edge"

Go to Options>Mobile Network>Data Services: OFF

That should stop your data.

Not exactly sure what it's doing to charge you though.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I am wondering the same thing. I was reading this last night and trying to understand. I haven't dealt with go phone accts, only Virgin Mobile pre paid.......like Red said you can turn data off but not sure why you are being charged for other things...
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

joshm6946 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. I was reading this last night and trying to understand. I haven't dealt with go phone accts, only Virgin Mobile pre paid.......like Red said you can turn data off but not sure why you are being charged for other things...
    Well I got everything to stop finally with the little charges here and there. I turned data off and also deleted the APN under the TCP settings.