Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Damn, that didn't work either. I give up.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: AT&T/CINGULAR SMS Issue

Advertisement

Damn, that didn't work either. I give up.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

In network to send over my Pearl says GSM. Can't think of anything else. I have had problems with text messages from Tmobile. Sometimes they don't come thru.
    Try the AT&T forum maybe they have some info.

WOW!! I don't think it should be legal that they associate the words AT&T and Tech Support in the same line as I have not gotten ANY type of "Support" at all! This is crazy. Nobody can do anything and the so-called "Level 2" people aren't going to call me for 5 business days. I use my SMS text more than I do my voice calling and even work for a company that does SMS text reviews for things such as movie reviews, restaurant reviews, etc and this has just put everything at a stand-still. I swear I never should of switched from T-Mobile.....
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Were you ever a legacy AT&T wireless (pre-cingular) customer, what they would call a legacy Blue accoun? if that is the case there may be something on AT&T's side they can clear out.

No I just opened this account brand new last week.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

I work for AT&T data support team, to me it sounds like the number may have been a legacy Blue number, even though its new to you, the number may have previously been used by someone on legacy blue, I have run into this issue before when assisting customers, I dont know what dept you actually have spoken with, but just trying to help out since I am familar with the issue. I would have them check the legacy blue back-end systems for anything still holding on to legacy blue, and have them check our tool to verify what carrier the number registers under (makes no difference to us but to carriers outside of AT&T it is the key to everything). I hope that helps.

Nice! Thanks, I'll let them know that tomorrow and hopefully that will work. That sounds more like the problem and hopefully the solution! Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

I just wanted to update that there is no update still. I haven't received a call yet from the top level tech guys about it. All they can tell me is that when they find a solution, someone will call me. I haven't been able to use my SMS since I activated this phone...
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

PM me with your info cell# and such I will see if I can find any updates for you~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ooooh, I kinda feel bad now because I called my tech guy (Charles_P) "Chucky" and told him that I felt as though after the company changed their name to AT&T, they stopped, "Raising the Bar". I know it's not his fault but this is just frustrating. Sorry Chuck.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Hey kjbmax77 - I don't know what happened but after you said you looked into it, well my PINS stopped working. So I did a battery pull and BAM! my SMS is now working for the first time! I'm gonna do some tests today but I tried a couple TMO people that I haven't been able to get SMS's from and I was able to receive them FOR THE FIRST TIME! So whatever you did, THANK YOU!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

awalkerils no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey, new here but i had this same problem couple of weeks ago when I added my kids and unlimited test. I went to my local store and they deleted the text plan from my account and readded it. Then do a battery pull on the phone. This solved my problem. They said they have been having some problems since they added that unity plan. Yeah I know nothing to do with text. but somehow it messes with the system.

Yes, I think that was my exact problem but they wouldn't listen to me. I knew about that through this forum and I tried to direct the techs in that direction but they kept telling me that there wasn't a problem on their end and someone will just call me back...which they still haven't. ANyway, thanks everyone for your help...everything works great now.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Sorry you had all that trouble. Its dang frustrating when you call the Tech people and you have done enough research that you have a lead for them to try out, and they still refuse to do it.

I ran into the same attitude when I first got my Red Pearl and it had the crappy DM issue. The store reps just kept swapping out the phone, even though each new phone did the exact same thing. It wasn't until I found the stacks (at the suggestion of my store rep, oddly enough) that I figured it out on my own.

Just for anyone else reading this thread, it was NOT ktorres' phone. It was definitely an internal AT&T system issue, whether or not the CSRs wanted to acknowledge it. If you get a CSR telling you that its not their system, hang up, call back, and keep trying over until you get a CSR that has dealt with the issue. Its a hassle and its frustrating, but unfortunately not unique to AT&T or any other big corporation that staffs their call centers with poorly paid, poorly trained CSRs.

Thanks and kudos to all the AT&T reps who posted on here and supported.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123