I was wondering, why is it that AT&T dosen't have more Blackberry devices that support ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

AT&T and WiFi

Advertisement

I was wondering, why is it that AT&T dosen't have more Blackberry devices that support WiFi? They only have like...2? 8120,8820 and the 9000 (whenever they decide to release it) I was just curious.

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    not sure it would be great if they did but probably because more people will have to get the data plan so they make money..If they had wi-fi everybody would use that connection instead.

mdjsimon no está en línea Stack level 1
    correct me if wrong !! would that not go along with the bb service that AT&T charges us 35.00 usd for

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    T-Mobile was really the only carrier that embraced wifi (and UMA/GAN for voice over wifi) in north america. The others are slowly getting there (they all had a knee-jerk reaction initially).
    In Canada Rogers is now offering UMA services (additional charges to have it of course).
    Data and Voice are the wireless carriers bread and butter. Giving away things for free comes hard (unless it easily translates into market share). T-Mo leading the charge has done everyone a great service...the other carriers either pick up on it or leave them with a significant competitive advantage

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just read a thread about AT&T releasing a new 8320 on 9/23! I stand corrected. It's about time! http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=86047 heres the thread