I'm interested in hearing from those of you that have purchased an AT&T 8100 anytime ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

AT&T 8100 Build Quality? (read 1st post for details)

Advertisement

I'm interested in hearing from those of you that have purchased an AT&T 8100 anytime from Aug 2007 to the Present Time.

I'm also interested in hearing from any of you that had the Original AT&T Pearl that you purchased within the first year of it's release, and then replaced it or bought another one in that same time frame of Aug 2007 to the Present Time.

What I'm trying to determine is if there was a rolling upgrade or improvement in build quality. Things like the feel of the keyboard, if the case is creaky or any other noticeable annoyances from those in the most recent six month period outlined above. Especially if you've had two (1 old, 1 new) and can compare those two BB''s

I received some info from a source that claims the AT&T 8100 produced and sold in the last six months are indeed much better than the originals. I am seriously considering buying another, however I had one of the first models released, exchanged it three times and still had quality issue. Therefore I do want to relive that same experience. If they did indeed improve them, or if you simply want to report on yours that would be great. The more feedback the better. Any and all responses will be appreciated

Thanks!
    Archer
    Last edited by archer6; 01-31-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Typo

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: AT&T 8100 Build Quality?

Hey archer....I purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8100 from AT&T in October 07', so I may have missed the not so good ones!!!.....Mine still has creaky keys (every now and then), it had a semi-loose Side Rail (still does actually), but other than that...its great, feels nice, feels strong, and I love it.

Chris

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Got mine in Nov. - finally got fed up w/ Sprint's lousy customer service - and haven't had an issue with it. I'm a college student on the go, so this thing takes some abuse and I use it for e-mail, pdfs, my only phone, txt msgs, everything. I love it and definitely am glad I made the choice of AT&T for my service plan too. Any issues I've had I have a rep's e-mail and he replies to me within 24 hrs.

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had an ATT Pearl from Jan 07 to Jan 08 when I moved up to a Curve. Worked great the whole time, build quality was fine. Works and looked pretty much as new (partially thanks to a BestSkinsEver skin)

Lew
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Can this apply to T-Mo also? I had 3 Pearls from January 2007 to July 2007. The first 2 crashed due to OS issues. They went into rebooting loops. This one now seems to be fine until I add the BIS back to it. I wonder how long it will last.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

EricaJ1073,
    Thanks for your feedback on your T-Mobile BB.

I did not intend to make it sound like I was only interested in Pearls from AT&T.However reading it after I made the post it did occur to me that I was not clear on that point.

Keep the cards & letters coming folks...

~via BB 8310~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LOL That's ok. I figured since I had problems with the Pearl, I would add my feedback too.

Gmason no está en línea Stack level 2

Im on my second pearl. My first was in Mid '07 and had a couple issues with OS and the trackball so I swapped it out in Oct '07 and havent had nearly as many problems. The keypad was a little creaky in some areas at first but regular use has seemed to resolve the issue for me.

-G

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey got my AT&T pearl on January 6 of this year. This thing feels solid, as far as creaky keyboards go, it happens to me when I push the button at an angle but rarely when I don't. I had a slight problem with it last night where I rolled the trackball down slowly and the phone vibrated, not like a call vibrate, like the ball was causing it. Played with it for a few minutes, and it went away. My favorite phone that I've owned, and its gonna get better with OS 4.5