I have most of my contacts with multiple phone numbers and assigning ringtones to contact ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Assigning Ringtones to Contacts with Multiple phone Numbers

Advertisement

I have most of my contacts with multiple phone numbers and assigning ringtones to contact does not seem to work. Not clear if the assigned ring tone is supposed to work for all phone number entries, or I need to assign each individual number a ring tone if desired. Want able to find menu item to do this. I read the instructions, honest! Appreciate any input.
    Thanks

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    on 4.5 OS, if you open your contacts and highlight the contact you want to set a ringtone for --> menu --> scroll down to add custom ringtone

the ringtone will be for that contact regardless if they 100 different numbers. you can't set a ringtone for say a home #, cell #, work #, etc. whatever number they call you from is going to play the ringtone you set for that contact

hope this helps
    Last edited by mudshovel; 08-14-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    What you can also do is set exceptions.. Create different exception groups and throw say your family members into that particular exception and set a specific ringtone for that group. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~