1. Can we assign ring tones to certain callers? How? 2. Can I use the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mlmagdalera no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Assigning Ringtones to Callers

Advertisement

1. Can we assign ring tones to certain callers? How?
    2. Can I use the songs in my media card as assgned ringers? How?
    3. I use iTunes on my laptop, how come th songs I transfer from tunes library to pearl don't work?

Any help would be appreciated!

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Re: Assigning Ringtones to Callers

Quote Originally Posted by mlmagdalera
    1. Can we assign ring tones to certain callers? How?
    2. Can I use the songs in my media card as assgned ringers? How?
    3. I use iTunes on my laptop, how come th songs I transfer from tunes library to pearl don't work?

Any help would be appreciated!
    1. Yes you can. Go to your address book, go to the name you want to assign the ringtone to, hit the menu key. Scroll down to Add Custom Phone tune and you should know how to get it from there.

2. Yes you can... Explained in question above.

3. if your songs are bought through itunes than it wont work. they are copy righted. But if they are from say lime wire than they should work. It would have to be in MP3 format to work with your pearl and the default setting for itunes is something else. I dont remember right now. But yeah it wont work.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

default for itunes is either apple lossless or AAC...either way you're correct it won't work...must be mp3...you can use any mp3 just save it to you SD card...when you select custom ring tone scroll up to browse so that you can browse your BB's SD card and look for the song in there under whatever folder you transfered it to...hope this helps

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

I found a good program that will change the itunes music...a lot of the music is MP4 also and I think I got it to work with a program called foobar...I couldn't give you a link or anythink bc my dad gave me to program

I found a good program that will change the itunes music...a lot of the music is MP4 also...I think and I think I got it to work with a program called foobar...I couldn't give you a link or anythink bc my dad gave me the program good luck!
    Last edited by Paiger850419; 09-02-2007 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged.