Again, apologies to the powers that be for not knowing where to post this question. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Vacilador no está en línea Stack level 1

Assigning full songs (not clips) to contacts?

Advertisement

Again, apologies to the powers that be for not knowing where to post this question. I'm the uber-noob.

I find the circa 30 second time limit on ringtone-mp3s pretty annoying, as I am a lazy person and don't get to my phone right away. I know that you can assign an mp3 as a ringtone, and it will play the whole thing (as far as I can tell), but can you assign full mp3-ringtones to individual contacts? Whenever I have tried, it only plays about 27 seconds. Please advise.

Again, apologies to the mods.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    It may play the whole thing, but you dont have the full 2-4 min per song to answer....time to hit the gym and get the phone answering reflexes going!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    lol I haven't (yet) made ringtones for my BB that last that long, but yeah, I'm guessing that the song stopped playing because the phone stopped ringing (caller hung up, call rolled into VM, etc.) rather than because the BB wouldn't play a song that long.

Vacilador no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for your quick replies. I had to wipe and start over for other reasons (I've had lots and lots of trouble with this thing), so I tried again from scratch. I dumped full songs into the ringtones folder and associated them with contacts. Still only plays the first 27 seconds. However, when I choose a song as a ringtone, it plays the entire thing. In other words, it appears my problem has specifically to do with assigning songs to contacts, rather than assigning a song to be my universal ringtone. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    The phone only plays the ringtone for as long as the other person is trying to call. I seriously doubt anyone is letting your phone ring for 5 minutes, or that your voicemail hasnt picked up before the first 60 seconds of any song lol. Think about it.

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ dude its the same as any other phone...unless the mobile service providers stop givin users the ability to have voicemail, ur only gonna hear the music for like 30 seconds or til vm kicks in or when the caller hangs up...so unless u set it as a msg tone or somethin other than calls, ur never gonna hear the whole song. Imagine that, ur best friend is callin because he accidentaly slit his wrist...meanwhile ur getting ur groove on and he's bleeding to death lol

keebler no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol he should call 911!

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lol maybe he wanted to say his last goodbye