Hello, This is my first time to post on this website, I have been a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jshauns no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile argh! MyFave Ringtone

Advertisement

Hello, This is my first time to post on this website, I have been a surfer for a long time just never a member. I have just recently made the purchase of the legendary perl. Thus far, I love the phone, Shuretype is taking some time to get used to, but I'm used to the standard phone layout. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could give me some help!

Ok, I have recently setup my perl and was trying to change the custom phone tune for an addressee; However, this only works for a non-myfave member. I have read the other threads about this yet not seem to help or at least give a definitive answer to the quandary.

What I have tried so far:
    - Editing an exception created by the MyFave exception that is created when first setting up the phone.
    -Editing the actual MyFave Button.
    -Editing the Phone book entry, Wiping the phone and starting from scratch.

Actually you know what... I was on the phone with tech support(They truly do not listen to anything you are saying.) I was told to re-flash my phone with the same ROM version I am already running. Then was told to take my phone back to T-mobile for a different one.

So that's what I did, my new phone worked like a charm. for about 2 hours then it stuck on the same ringtone that I set. Which is fine, I like it, however I would like to be able to change it. This is very... Very! Frustrating.

Any help would be great fully appreciated!

-Shaun

packet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32bofd47

Re: argh! MyFave Ringtone

I have just gone to my addy book and then highlight a person and then hit edit. Once you are in the edit mode hit edit again. Then it should say assign custom ringtone. Let me know if this is what you are talking about. Or dont understand.
    XBOX 360---My sunscreen since 2006
    GPA Ranked top 50

jshauns no está en línea Stack level 1

I understand completly and this method works great for non-myfave members. For MyFave members I am completly up the creek on doing that, Apperently I can change them if I edit the tone then pull the battery and reboot. I am wondering if I can just rename the ringtone on the computer rename it to the ringtone filename on the phone and just overwrite it....?

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

thats the same with mine !!!! no matter what i change it to its the same stupid freaking tone !!!!! GAHHHH I thought mine was the only one doing this.

MegaGoo no está en línea Stack level 1

i had this problem to and what do you know, pulling the battery fixes it, but i have to do it every time

first go to the sound profile, advanced, delete all the exceptions except important calls (dont know wht that is)

just to be sure, first i refershed my myfaves thing from the phone. go to my faves, click someoens name, hit the blackberry button, hit myfaves settings. hit refresh myfaves. if its like mine, it'll screw up the icons and maybe the order. so i fixed that.

your sound profile exceptions will automatically be reset. and all of your myfaves should be in there now

then go to each my faves person you want and click the blackberry button again, edit contact. add a custom ring tone.

power off, pull the battery out for 30 seconds, put it back in. double check your changed ring tone took effect under exceptions in sound profile as well as the myfaves contact (not the contact in your phonebook). have that person call you. to test it

let me know if this works. i just stumbled upon this yesterday. i was determined to get that damn t-mobile jingle off if it cost me my life.

if doing a battery pull fixed it, theres an easier way i found a few hours ago. i downloaded this addon called softreset and it does the same thing, just obviously without needing to pull the battery.

soft reset: (edit: haha i cant post links. go to google, search for: "how do you reboot" blackberry 8100 ..click the 3rd link that says How do you reboot pearl? [Archive] - RIM Blackberry Forums.. theres a link to software called softreset.jad

i found out this softreset thing would work because when i installed the new jivetalk beta, it did a soft reset when it was done, then i noticed it did the same thing as battery pull (took forever to boot back up) and lo and behold, my ringers were changed to how i had set them after the last battery pull. so i knew that a software reset would do the trick, and it did.

oh and the best part is before i did all this i called tech support and they said it was a known problem on their end and there was nothing i could do. MY FREAKIN ARSE... -thanks t-mobile. never give up
    Last edited by MegaGoo; 04-23-2007 at 05:02 AM.

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks ill try that !!!