Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well, im a long time treo user who switched over to the blackberry pearl, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

are there any other calendar/tasks/todo free programs?

Advertisement

well, im a long time treo user who switched over to the blackberry pearl, and just to say overall, the blackberry pearl whoops treo's bootius maximus big time. However, the one think i liked from the treo was the calendar/to do list/tasks which were kind of on one screen that showed the most recent items that needed to be attended to or upcoming reminders all in one.

im a busy 23 year old with two business jobs, business school, just now bought a house so i have tons of payments, and most of all a girlfriend (cannot miss ANY anniversarys! hahaha)

anyways, i checked out the blackberry pearl's calendar and i notice that the memo pad/to do/calendar are all seperate programs, and when i enter things into the todo list (which i would use most) it just transfers over to the calendar, i guess what im trying to say is i'd like to know if there is a free program where everything is a little easier to read and all together. i dont really like the calendar other than checking dates, but i like to see what i have to do and the easiest one is to view by "day" but its just a huge cluttered list of EVERYTHING i have which just becomes weird to read.

any help for a guy who will be missin some sweet sweet shuga if he forgets an anniversary!? =P

Re: are there any other calendar/tasks/todo free programs?

...so should i assume there are no such programs?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I haven't played with it but it's possible the free BBToday might do what you want.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/blacberrytools/

Download link page (download to your PC and use Desktop Manager to load):
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=136890

If you'd prefer to pay for a program you can also look at PocketDay.
    http://www.crossriversystems.com/PocketDayBB.htm.

Please post your thoughts on these so everyone can learn from you.

wow, thanks! i will post back in about 1 hour to report back!

hi, well i installed BBTODAY, and it required me to do a battery restart since it seemed to freeze up after loading it from my desktop manager.

there is quite a bit to customize to your liking as far as what you want on the screen, what color font you want to choose to represent certain items.

however you can't customize the font and the button set up is a bit awkward. say i wanted to select the tasks that are shown for today, when i use the pearl to click on it, it goes to the customized option, you have to hit the BB button, then select open which opens the linkage to your calendar/to do list.

the one nice feature i like is that it has the weather on there which auto updates itself, however its for texas and i can't figure out what code i am for seattle, wa?!

its a bit cluttered and the buttons are a little off, but its almost what i was looking for, an all in one program.

any other programs out there i could try?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I have used Pocket day, it is really nice, and people user from Treos (like me) think it is probably the best program on either platform

yeah i've been hearing about pocket day from people on these forums, how much is the full program?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Usually the weather codes are the 5-digit zip code. If it isn't then go to weather.com and get the weather for your region. Once that is displayed look at the URL in the Address bar for the weather code. For Seattle Washington the code is USWA0395. For locations outside the U.S., weather.com is my failsafe method, ie, London England is UKXX0085.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

as little as $25-$35.00...

check out www.handango.com

bartokbatt,

i entered in USWA0395 or the code that you gave me for seattle, after i saved it, when i went to update it, it says "Error: Invlaid url parameter."

any fix to this?

nevermind i had to check a box called "disable mds proxy" or something along those lines. thanks everyone!

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

PocketDay Personal is $19.95. Professional adds RSS news feeds and a World Time clock and is $34.95.

I'm trying the personal out right now and it's nice. I may buy it if I still use it 30 days from now.

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

I asked a similar question when I first got my Pearl, but I didn't get a satisfactory answer. I guess maybe it was because the Pearl had been released maybe 48 hours previous.
    Thanks to this thread, I have been using BBToday for the past 24 hours or so. I think I'm really diggin' it. I'd like to be able to customize it a bit more--I would especially like to be able to set it so it doesn't launch automatically. Other than that, it seems like it's going to be a really helpful app.

Thanks for pointing it out, bartokbatt!

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can somebodt plz put the ota link for bbtoday? Thanx

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There is no OTA link. The BBToday people stopped work on this over a year ago and the files are hosted on sourceforge. You need to download the files to your PC and install them via the desktop manager. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast