Hey all, my phone was recently stolen so for the safety of my fragile minutes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

r3d
    r3d no está en línea Stack level 1

Apps not working

Advertisement

Hey all, my phone was recently stolen so for the safety of my fragile minutes I had my account suspended. Well I was fortunate enough to get my phone back but now after having my account turned back on, Jmirc, ramble IM, yakon, and piconews as well as well as receiving mobile email have ceased working. I get an open tunnel failer on both ramble im and jmirc and a connection refused error on piconews. Can anyone please help?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    r3d, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like they haven't gotten your BB data plan re-activated yet. How long has it been since you reactivated your account? It may take a while. But you might want to call the CS line and ask for the Data Device Support desk. Explain to them the situation and see what they say.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi r3d, welcome to pinstack. Once you get the data plan make sure you enter the proper tcp settings, wap.voicestream.com. Let us know how it comes.

r3d
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I have the data plan and the proper tcp settings. It worked fine before I suspended my account.btw its good to be here.

r3d
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sry rcbjr my my blackberry skipped over your post. I will attempt to contact them during my break today.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    No Problem, You might also just keep trying, sending a test message from your BB email or PIN to itself. I use that to test the delays or other network problems. Another thought is to do a Register Now from the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table menu. Sorry I forgot to mention that before.

Let us know how this works out.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Does your network indicator display GSM, or EDGE/GPRS? (But not edge/gprs.)

If it displays only GSM, then your BlackBerry has turned off the data connection. To turn it back on go to Options --> Network --> Data Services = "On". (If this is set to "Off", that is the problem.)

If after you turn the data service "on", or it was already set to "on", and your BlackBerry displays lower case edge/gprs, then you do not have BlackBerry Data Plan enabled; your CS department may have disabled this when you reported your Pearl missing.

These suggestions may help. Let us know.

r3d
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok guys sorry haven't gotten back to ya on this yet. Good news, all is in proper working order! Contacted tmobile and it turns out they never turned my data services back on. Thx for the help guys!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b