Hi there guys. My name is Joe, im new to the forums Anyways, my question ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Applications I can run w/o data plan

Advertisement

Hi there guys. My name is Joe, im new to the forums

Anyways, my question is what applications are out there that are 'free' and can be uploaded to the phone using desktop manager. I dont have a data plan yet, and probably wont have on for a while as for I am short on cash.

Please post the name of application with the link please.

Thank you all.
    -Joe

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Applications I can run w/o data plan

The only applications like this I could think of would be things such as ColorPearl and a few games.
    /~*brooke

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

what kinds of applications are you wanting? there is plenty of apps out there that you can install via desktop manager and will work with no data plan.

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Anything....games, stuff that can change appearance, dictionary, if you can give me a link to applications in general it would be great.

thanks
    -joe

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

I am specifically looking for applications such as GAMES. Anything fun!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

well take a look in the downloads sections of the forum. youll find 100's of games and themes for your phone

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takadante
    Hi there guys. My name is Joe, im new to the forums

Anyways, my question is what applications are out there that are 'free' and can be uploaded to the phone using desktop manager. I dont have a data plan yet, and probably wont have on for a while as for I am short on cash.

Please post the name of application with the link please.

Thank you all.
    -Joe
    Hey Joe, welcome!
    I went back and forth, trying to decide if I wanted to exchange my Nokia phone for a Blackberry Peral, while I was in my 30 day return period.

I REALLY liked the Nokia, but kept looking at the Pearl, even went into a T-Mobile store twice wtih my Nokia, box and all packaging, planning to exchange for a Pearl, only to leave with my Noki (one time, the T-Mobile guy talked me out of getting the Pearl)

Anyways, yesterday I gave up the Nokia and got the Pearl, and LOVE IT!

Today, while driving home, I was wondering if the Pearl, like the Nokia, had voice recorder. Seemed it should, but I couldn't really check the phone while driving.

Got home and discovered the Pearl could only SEND a voice message, no voice recorder. BUT... I checked this site out, and found out that a new program has just been released, Voice Recorder Plus!

GREAT find! Love being able to quickly take a fast memo.. no need to bring a voice recorder along with me. The program is free, but if you pay the registration fee, it allows you to e-mail your recordings to other people.

Check other threads, and you'll find one which talks about VR+, which will provide a link.

(I guess I don't have the status to post a link, I tried.....)

Enjoy!

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Thanks Alot!

I have on more question. Can i send SMS text messages without a data plan from blackberry>

Black_Pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by takadante
    Thanks Alot!

I have on more question. Can i send SMS text messages without a data plan from blackberry>
    Yes you can. I don't have a data plan, and I can send SMS text msgs. However, my carrier (Rogers) allows me to receive 200 incoming text msgs for free, but charges me $0.15/text msg sent out. So whether you can send text msgs without a data plan will depend on what kind of plan you have. Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Yea, I got a sms plan with cingular. My first time having texting so i started off with 200 package. Eventually i will have unlimited

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

If you guys dont mind, can you please post links of free games that can be uploaded via Desktop manager? I am having a hard time searching through the Downloads section. They are all .jad/.jar and I am looking for games I do not have to convert.

thanks
    Joe