Okay, I upgraded to 4.5 (OS) early last week, my phone is running great, works ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Application Update........WHY?!?!

Advertisement

Okay, I upgraded to 4.5 (OS) early last week, my phone is running great, works like a champ.

But as of two days ago I started to get the message (attached) you normally get when you're going/about to upgrade your OS.

Anyone know why? I already upgraded....I don't know why I get this when connecting to the DM..

thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    So if you go in to options and about on your device it shows that you are running 4.5 already?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Not sure either, I have seen that happen on Curves bought before the relase of the Curve software on TMOs site. this happend because the final release post on the site did have slight differances over the installed OS but the version number was the same. In your Case it has to be an aberation with either the software n the PC or the Phone. Try letting it update. and then you will of course hold your breath through the whole proccess hoeping it still works great. Either that or remove the App form Add and remove programs to stop it form poping up. Maybe some one else will have an Idea too , or had the same issue they fixed.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Yeah..I'm running 4.5 perfectly!! no issues (other than the norm everyone is having).

I'm stumped....

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Not sure either, I have seen that happen on Curves bought before the relase of the Curve software on TMOs site. this happend because the final release post on the site did have slight differances over the installed OS but the version number was the same. In your Case it has to be an aberation with either the software n the PC or the Phone. Try letting it update. and then you will of course hold your breath through the whole proccess hoeping it still works great. Either that or remove the App form Add and remove programs to stop it form poping up. Maybe some one else will have an Idea too , or had the same issue they fixed.

thanks for your reply pda.teck

but I'm not sure if I wanna allow the update, my phone is working better than ever, and I don't think I'd chance it....damn!!

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know why it would be happening but the only way I can see around it would be to go in and uninstall the handheld software from add or remove programs.

thanks markgallant, I may just do that, but I did wanna remove some apps (like PTT and Brickbreaker), but I guess I could wait for Final Release....

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    did you edit some of the files recently if you did that might be another reason why

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don...no, I haven't edited anything!! that's what's so strange about the whole thing