Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two questions: 1. What happens when I 'hide' an application? I've been nervous to do ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moilar no está en línea Stack level 1

Application Organization

Advertisement

Two questions:

1. What happens when I 'hide' an application? I've been nervous to do it, because I don't know how to 'unhide' it should I ever need it. I'd like to hide some of the apps that I will rarely use, but if I want them back, I need to know how to get to them.

2. Are there any third party utilities that will let me 'group' my applications into something equivalent to folders or something? My application list is getting pretty long, and I don't like scrolling through business apps, setup/options, games, etc. all in one list. Seems like their should be a way to tuck similar apps into a folder or something, but I can't find it.

thanks.

mo

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Application Organization

hide the application and then all you do to see it is click alt click scroll and it with say "show all"

i

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

glehman85 already answered your first question, alt wheel-click will let you see all apps again.

question 2: nope

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

You can hide and unhide to your heart's content. Nothing is lost when you hide an app.

As for moving and putting into folders, I don't think there is any way to do that on the Pearl, you can simply move them around the screen and hide/unhide.

What I did was to use the <Dimension Icon> theme [that is in your options menu/folder under the <theme> selection menu.]

I then hid many icons to where I have visible about 10 of the ones I use most.

I then moved to the top the icons I use the most of those 10.

To move icons, simply highlight one, press the <menu> key [that is the dotted key to left of trackball.]

Select <move application> and drag it to where you want.

Then press the trackball again.

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-01-2006 at 06:12 PM.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have a possible solution for your second question about grouping your apps in a folder. I posted a similar question a while back and was informed that the BlackBerry software prevents this from being possible. BUT, I have found a way to basically do it, but I am using a 7290, and it is dependent on the "Orange" vendor theme, so I am not sure you can do it on the Pearl. Follow the instructions in the following link to unlock all vendor themes for your device, install, and then activate the "Orange" theme. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...k+vendor+theme
    This theme has a built-in "Applications" Folder that contains all aftermarket and some pre-installed apps and will greatly unclutter your desktop. Again, I am using the theme on a 7290 so I am not 100% sure if the theme is the same on the Pearl but it is probably your best bet. Let me know if it works. Also, if you unlock all the vendor and hidden themes it is possible that if the Orange doesn't work there might be another theme that will do it. Good luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks jlesh, There are several themes that have the application folder, but you can't really control what Apps are put in there. Some 3rd party apps will get put there and others won't. But the main disadvantage with it is that you can't select which basic BB apps get put in.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes, although the user cannot define which apps are in the folder, with the Orange theme it puts some of the BB core apps and ALL 3rd party apps in the folder which really unclutters the desktop. I only have 2 lines of icons on the desktop when I use that theme.

moilar no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help, everyone. This is a great example of how a user community can assist its members. The 'feature' I was looking for doesn't exist, so now I can stop wasting cycles looking for it!

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sanfran,
    How did you get the temp on your home screen?

Alex

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Sanfran,
    How did you get the temp on your home screen?

Alex
    Hi Alex, what you are referring to is called push weather. It can be found on mobile.blackberry.com.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

The Vodafone theme doesn't organize applications to the extent that the Orange theme does, but it includes a sub-folder specifically for BB tools and applications, notably the PIM, BB Messenger, and BB Browser.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi Alex, what you are referring to is called push weather. It can be found on mobile.blackberry.com.
    Very cool, many thanks. Im wondering if it will work with the sunday funnies theme though.

Alex

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hiding icons if fine and everything but I hate it how you cannot delete an icon

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    levanhieu, You can delete an Icon, you just have to delete the app that goes with it. But be careful in deleting apps. If they are necessary for other apps to work you might see some unintended consequencies.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321
    hmm..thanks Rcbjr. Yeah, I figured that you can delete the icon sometimes.

For example, I installed the BBtetris one. I found out that it wasn't very fun so I uninstalled it and the icon was gone.

However, there is anothe case that I could not find out how to delete the icon.

For example, I set up an email so that the emails would get forwarded to me. There would be an icon made that would be the "folder" for the emails received from a particular account. However, when I deleted the service and did not want the emails from that particular account to go to my phone anymore, the icon was stilll there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast