Ok so I just got a blackberry pearl 8130 and I was on here going ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

devotedtoyoux3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question application loader problem

Advertisement

Ok so I just got a blackberry pearl 8130 and I was on here going throught the themes and downloaded some. Then I extracted the files and tried to use the application loader to put them on. I made sure they were the alx files but I still get a popup saying no additional applications designed for your device were found. Am I doing something wrong or am I just getting the wrong kind of things?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: application loader problem

Do you have the OS for your BB installed on the PC? You need that in order to install apps and themes. If you don't you can find the latest version from your vendor here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

how do I know if I have that or not?

If you are not sure than I doubt you do. Go to control panel on the PC, add/remove programs and check the list for Blackberry Device Software. If it is not in the list then find your OS from the list I linked and install the one for your BB model.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Sorry to butt in guys... but I have the same problem on the Curve 8310... and after installing the OS on PC it carries on giving me the same message. I gave up and I only download OTA...maybe there is aproblem with Vista ? Pls help.

ok I am downloading it now thank you very much!

@delfim
    Did you install YOUR vendor version or another vendors? If it is not your vendors version you will need to delete the vendor.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

@devoted
    Your welcome, let me know how it works

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Sorry to butt in guys... but I have the same problem on the Curve 8310... and after installing the OS on PC it carries on giving me the same message. I gave up and I only download OTA...maybe there is aproblem with Vista ? Pls help.
    i have an 8300 and some times it does that also when i use my desktop bb manager like your talking about. ive noticed when u save a theme via pc its in the form of a zipped file, then you go extract it etc. when you start the bb desk mgr app loader, sometomes it splits the zipped file up into 2,3, or even 4 parts, im assuming these are the various screens in the theme, i have had to try all of them, one at a time for the ap loader to accept and install. hope i wasnt too vague, a computer expert, im not, but ive downloaded at least 35 themes on the app loader.