Hello all, my pearl has a most annoying trait; About once a week it just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

angusp no está en línea Stack level 1

Application error 205

Advertisement

Hello all,

my pearl has a most annoying trait;

About once a week it just dies, it hangs and then when I restart it it goes to white screen of death, and shows 'application error 205'. Nothing can be done to bring it back to life. The only way to remedy this is a full erase of all device and application data and reinstall, which is very tedious and time consuming (not to mention impossible if one is not with ones computer at the time)

I have been told that this may be caused by messages not being deleted properly on the RIM server running on Exchange in the office. Can anyone verify this? If this is the probelem what do I do to stop it happening?

What else could be causing this? And anyone got any tips for preventing it - I have spoken to RIM support at UK O2, they couldn't offer any help.

thanks in advance if someone can help out!

angus
    Last edited by angusp; 02-18-2008 at 09:21 AM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Application error 205

RIM's solution for this error (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2098634338) is to reinstall theOS which you have been doing. I would start by reinstalling the OS, then install your apps one at a time over a few weeks (since it takes a week to show) and see which one is causing the error. Once found, either remove the offending app or check the vendor for an updated version.

angusp no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok - so at least they aknowledge this error exists, The UK RIM support couldn't even locate the error message.

Was rather hoping that someone might know which app causes this, as reinstalling part by part will take some weeks, but thanks for the advice. If all else fails I will give that a whirl.

anyone else seen this / fixed it?

thanks daddy-o!

angus

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Since this is a general application error it is very difficult to tell which app is causing it. That is the reason RIM is vague on the description of the error cause. You will have to trouble shoot the cause, which as you noted, will take time.