I have what appears to be a rather unique issue with moving a phone overseas. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2

Apparent North American Relay Issue

Advertisement

I have what appears to be a rather unique issue with moving a phone overseas. I sent an unlocked T-Mobile USA 8100 over to Sweden to my daughter. I had used this device for four months with no problems. She took the device to Telenor in Sweden and obtained a voice plan and BIS.

Now here is where the fun begins:

She is able to send and receive email ok. She is able to browse the web. She is able to send PIN messages to people in Europe and North America. However, she CANNOT RECEIVE PIN MESSAGES from me here in Florida. None. Never. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have heard unconfirmed reports that she has been able to receive PIN messages from others in Sweden (If Telenor is to be believed). I have spent the past 10 days on the phone with RIM's tech support. At first when they looked at the PIN it would show in their system as on T-Mobile USA. They would have her do a register now and it would correct itself to Telenor. However she could still not receive PIN messages. Next day when I would call RIM back, the !#&@-ing thing would again show linked to T-Mobile USA!

This has been going on for over a week now with no end in sight. I have been placed on hold, transferred, escalated, de-escalated, and run from pillar to post and it still doesn't work. I know there is some genius out there that builds these things and understands them. WE need to talk!

If anybody out there within the sound of my keypresses can help me....Please, HELP ME!

From what I have been able to discern so far, it seems since the phone was previously on T-Mobile here in North America that somehow the relay may still think it is here. Effectivly killing the pin when its not found here. A ghost in the machine? Again this is a definite MAYBE.....and yes I've called T-Mobile too.....and Yes, RIM has called T-Mobile too with me on the phone. So far, to no avail.

If anyone can help I'll name my first born after you!!!

Re: Apparent North American Relay Issue

Anybody ?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Did she resend the service books?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Hmmm thats a tough one, the only thing that I could think to try is do a device wipe with JLcmndr and start with installing the telenor OS:
    Telenor
    v4.2.0.79 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.0.67; Platform: 2.2.0.39; Size: 68.01mb
    then see if it works, if that fixes your problem then you might be able to upgrade to the latest os available. Maybe it might work. If nothing else it may be worth a shot right? Or maybe you could talk to RIM into a product replacement with a Telenor branded 8100. Sorry this is all the help I could think of at this time, but I will do some Research for ya.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Was or is the phone on BES?

We RIM finally got it figured out. Not sure exactly what they did but they fixed it. It was something with their system from what I understand, not T-Mo and not Telenor. But it works!!! Yay!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~