whenever i try to load a new app to my pearl it tells me it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

app loader

Advertisement

whenever i try to load a new app to my pearl it tells me it doesn't recognize some of the games i have put on it but there is no where to check the boxes so they aren't removed. how can i make it so the app loader recognizes these games?

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Re: app loader

if they are in .zip format make sure that you unzip them (double click and click extract and them put them somewhere you can remember) after that then try to go to your app loader and click add find the files...should be like a .alx or .ali then you should be able to add them...if it is a zip file

saxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

the unzipping part is not the problem. when i add a new app to the list and check it off and go to the next screen, the app loader tells me it's going to erase some of the apps it doesn't recognize like colorpearl and a few themes. how can i make those apps recognizable.

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

hmmm.......about the only thing that i can tell you since i am relatively new to the site and am still learning is to make sure that the boxes are checked, make sure the files are of the right type, im sorry i cant think of anything else

good luck

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by saxberry
    whenever i try to load a new app to my pearl it tells me it doesn't recognize some of the games i have put on it but there is no where to check the boxes so they aren't removed. how can i make it so the app loader recognizes these games?
    If you highlight the game/app in the DM list and hit delete it will remove it from the list and no longer ask to remove/install anymore. It will not delete it from the phone. Hope its what your looking for. Props to fritter for showing me this.