I along with alot of others, as i've read, have App Error 523 message. This ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

oakley7606 no está en línea Stack level 1

App Error 523 and DM Not recognizing phone

Advertisement

I along with alot of others, as i've read, have App Error 523 message. This is the third time I've had this message on my 8100. I have been able to restore it the previous two times with help from this forum. For some reason, for the past 3 days I've been unsuccessful. I am running DM 4.6 and I downloaded the most current OS for the phone. At one point I was able to run the application loader and install the new OS and some suretype language features. When it completed, the phone was not fixed. Now it tells me there is nothing new to update, obviously. But DM does not recognize when my phone is connected yet my computer recognizes that I have a Blackberry SmartPhone plugged in. I've tried a million different ways to get DM to recognize to no avail. If someone could work with me to get this straightened out I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone that has provided information before!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Oakley,

Have you tried this thread?:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

Yes, it says unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. It appears to be working for about 15 minutes and then I get that message and now my phone won't come on at all. It doesn't do anything, no error message, no flashing red light.

ok got the phone on and now there is a white screen a black circle an incon that appears to show a circle square and triangle with the number 507 underneath.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Error 507 means that the entire OS or parts thereof are gone.

You need to follow the directions in that thread explicitly and you should be able to get the device reloaded with the OS.

You might want to try rebooting your PC once before you get started though.

Hope this helps!

Roger