Well I don't know if this been posted before but I can't seem to find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

naree no está en línea Stack level 2

app error 523

Advertisement

Well I don't know if this been posted before but I can't seem to find an answer to my question and I downloaded a new theme to my blackberry and then a couple hours later it said app error 523 and I wanted to know what causes this and what exactly does this mean is it the theme I downloaded had a bug or is it something else

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you been able to delete the theme to see if that is what is causing it?

Yeah I deleted the theme it was lil miss shineshine and I really liked the theme a lot but it caused the error to appear and after I deleted it everything was okay but I just want to know what causes the error and what does the error 523 means so I can prevent it from happening again

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Not sure what OS you're running, or device ~ could you update your profile for us please?
    This error could have been due to the theme being incompatible with your OS, although that particular theme should work with all OS versions as stated in the theme post by cherri:
    Official OS Supported: 4.2, 4.3, 4.5
    Devices Supported: 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830
    See This thread about app error 523.

T have a blackberry pearl 8100 and I downloaded the theme through ota and I got the theme made for my phone it dosent say the error right away it works fine then like 4 hours and now this is with the lil shinesine theme active later BAM!the erorr app 523 came on I was like what's going on I tried it twice same thing happened and after I delete the theme through the DM my phone work perfectly fine and I got my phone for about 2 years never had any problems except this this time when I got that theme now I'm scared to even get any more themes love my blackberry can't live without it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    not sure what is going on. i tested that theme on my 8100 running 4.5 and have been using it for over a week.

were there other apps/themes that you installed at the same time? this is what the bb tech solutions site says:
    Environment

• BlackBerry® smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 smartphone
    Problem

On the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears after pressing the Mute button, accessing an application, or performing a hard reset:
    523 app. error. Reset.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
    1. Upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
    2. Remove any recently installed applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10376.
    3. Install the latest version of BlackBerry® Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB03901.

Thanks for everything I really appriciate it