well lets start by saying that i am on vacayion in vegas an i a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

app error 200

Advertisement

well lets start by saying that i am on vacayion in vegas an i a in desperate need of help. using my dads Moto Q to post this.

my phone was off this morning and never chcecked it till i got to vegas. i turned it on and saw the app error 200 message. i did a baterry pull and thats it since it is all i could think of. is there anywa i can fix this without a computer? or is there any way to somehow reset the phone!?

thank you

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: app error 200

Last edited by cliffr39; 11-23-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: corrected link
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i really didnt see any useful info in there? then again im mobile and maybe missed something.

id like to mention that i dont have a computer.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If a Battery pull doesn't fix the problem, then without a Computer I think you are out of luck

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

uugggghhhhh just what i needed. are there any stackers tha live in Las Vegas, Nevada? i might be coming over....

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

sorry dropped wrong link before.
    it still gives that error after a reboot? Did you install something new recently? if so delete it and see if it solves. I didn't see any corrections for that, just seems to be an uncaught exception type error.

if it continues after reboots might need a reinstall of the handheld software
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

i really cant delete anything since i hve no computer.

the message is not a pop up, it happens when i boot up my phone. i cant do anything with it.

gobeckygo no está en línea Stack level 1

i got my pearl 8130 yesterday and today i was downloading sprint music store. the phone froze so i removed the battery and when i turned it back on it now says "App Error 200" and "reset" underneath. i click it and the process continues. What can i do?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

If this doesn't work, you will have to try this process, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought I would share my experience for those having this error and trying to save some time...possibly....rather than doing the initial help desk idea of wipe and reload. I am not guaranteeing you will not have to wipe and reload but this may shed a glimmer of hope for some of the sad folks here. Here it goes and I will plug the post that got me to this point.

What you will need:
    A computer (I have only tested with Windows XP so Unix and Mac users may need other methods)
    Javaloader (Get it Here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&d=1149738115)
    BB Device (this is your actual device)
    USB cable to connect to computer

How do I save myself some time:
    Download and extract the Javaloader program to a folder of your choosing but remember it for the next steps.

In Windows XP click Start -> Run -> Type CMD and click OK

change your directory to the drive and directory you saved the javaloader program to
    (to change drive type x: where x is the drive letter, to change directory type cd\<directoryname>\<subdirectoryname> etc)

Type "javaloader -usb dir >dir.txt" without the quotes (this will generate a list of all programs on your device into a file called dir.txt in the same directory as Javaloader)

Go to the directory with javaloader.exe in Windows Explorer and open the dir.txt file.

The file has a list of a bunch of module names and versions, etc. This is where I can't give you the specific answer to your problem but can provide some guidance.

I only recommend trying to delete 3rd Party applications so look through the list for module names that look like third party apps. You can also sometimes tell 3rd party apps by the version number as well but don't use this as the bible because some RIM apps are not the version of the OS. Once you find some apps you want to try to delete to fix the problem follow the steps below. I recommend you do this one at a time and reset (if the device doesn't automatically reset) between each erase function to narrow down the issue.

Once you find the module to delete go back to the CMD window and type the following:

"javaLoader.exe -usb erase -f <badmodule_name>" where <badmodule_name> is the module you identified to delete which must be typed exactly as it appears in the dir.txt file.

Keep repeating until it reboots successfully.

If this fails follow everyone elses directions to wipe and reload your device but this might just save you some time.

Good luck and post your experience with this fix.

And now for the plug, thanks to the following post I was able to figure these steps out to save my device without 2 hours of reloading and reconfiguring my device

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/94834-post15.html

SIB
    Last edited by 7100sib; 01-10-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: forgot the plug