hey does anyone know how i can get my aol "my eaddress" on my blackberry? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

Question Aol Email -- Myeaddress

Advertisement

hey does anyone know how i can get my aol "my eaddress" on my blackberry?

its like

myname@myemail.com

thanks in advance
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Aol Email -- Myeaddress

Can you not add it via BIS? Login into your TMO account and go to Blackberry Internet. You should be able to add it there.

PIN/ID
    25476af4

ive tried adding it like that and i just get an error messag eand the option to add it with the setting..the only thing is i dont have the settings lol.
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Any possibility you can forward it to another address? Or maybe have gmail fetch it?

What are these settings that you are talking about?

PIN/ID
    25476af4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pop 3 i think it is,

It asks for the incoming server

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Not sure if this page will help you or not http://mobile1.aol.com/mobilemail/imap
    Go to the section that says "Got a BlackBerry, Q, or other phone? Or got a Treo™, but don't like the demo? Follow the steps below:", actually I'll just copy/paste it here for ya
    1. Access your phone or PDA’s email software and go to account setup
    2. Enter a name for this account – any name you want. Note: If you have multiple email accounts, you can set up your phone or PDA to receive mail from each. The name you choose here helps you determine which one you are accessing at a given time
    3. Enter your AOL or AIM Screen Name in the Username field and then enter your Password (note: if you have a My eAddress from AOL, the full email address (such as john@smith.com) will serve as the Username)
    4. Enter your email address if asked for it
    5. Enter imap.aol.com (for an AOL email account) and imap.aim.com (for an AIM email account) in the Incoming Mail Server field. (note: if you have a My eAddress from AOL, please enter imap.aol.com)
    6. Enter smtp.aol.com (for an AOL email account) and smtp.aim.com (for an AIM email account) in the Outgoing Mail Server field (note: if you have a My eAddress from AOL, please enter smtp.aol.com)
    7. Then access your advanced mail settings:
    For Incoming Mail Settings:You have the option of choosing either standard mail settings, or SSL or encrypted mail settings (which have added security protections). We recommend choosing the standard mail settings if this is your first time setting up email for your phone. If you have experience with this process, then the encrypted settings may be a better fit for you:

-For Standard Type 143 in the ‘Port’ field

-For Encrypted or SSL Type 993 in the ‘Port’ field

For Outgoing Mail Settings: Outgoing e-mail actions (meaning when you send an email) DO require authentication (special safety checks) but DO NOT require SSL, so you'll need to check the box that reads something like: my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
    1. Then you will need to and log in with your AOL or AIM Screen Name (or full email address if you have a My eAddress from AOL) for the Username field and enter your Password.
    2. Type 587 in the ‘Port’ field
    3. Click the Done or Finish button and you will be all set to begin receiving emails on your mobile phone or PDA.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.