Does anyone's keypad feel like its coming loose in the middle, right under the trackball? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jenaroni no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone's keypad coming loose?

Advertisement

Does anyone's keypad feel like its coming loose in the middle, right under the trackball? U'm scared! I've only had it for like a month! And its not covered under any insurance by Cingular. Is this covered by warranty!?! Help my blackberry buddies!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Anyone's keypad coming loose?

It is supposed to be all squishy like that. Maybe yours is like really loose, I have no idea, about how loose is it? I have had the Cingular Pearl for about a month also and it seems fine. It is supposed to be like that, I just don't know if yours is like more squishy than what I am talking about. I think I just confused you, post back if you have any questions on what I said.

GotPearl?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Over 30 or under 30 days since you bought it Jenaroni?

I don't know if he is talking about the usualy like moving around of the keys. Maybe he doesn't know that they are supposed to move around a little?

GotPearl?

AnewBerryMan no está en línea Stack level 2

My " DEL " button is coming loose. sound like it's going to pop out of it's place and I only have it for a month!

Lol ok well I wish I knew how to help you 2. Your best bet would probably be to call Cingular or T-Mo.

GotPearl?

Well it feels as if the top numerical keys are raised a little higher than the rest of the keyboard and it just doesn't seem as tight as the other keys. I don't think that they were like this before but one of my best friend's has the one from t-mobile and his keys feel a lot more solid than mine!

I got my phone on the 15th of December!

Quote Originally Posted by jenaroni
    Well it feels as if the top numerical keys are raised a little higher than the rest of the keyboard and it just doesn't seem as tight as the other keys. I don't think that they were like this before but one of my best friend's has the one from t-mobile and his keys feel a lot more solid than mine!

I got my phone on the 15th of December!
    Lol I got mine the same day! My keys feel fine, I think lol. My keys in the middle do feel more loose than the ones on the outside, but I think that just has to do with the layout of th keys. It could have something to do with Cingular becuaes they changed the design a little from the T-Mobile version(The Keys and color and some other stuff).

Yeah I know the keys are different! And I like the t-mobile keys better than Cingular! How hard would it be to replace the keyboard if something (knock on wood) goes wrong and Cingular doesn't care!

I know the keys colors are different and I like those a lot better than the Cingular ones! Well let's say that the keypad gets worse (knock on wood) and Cingular won't help, is it hard to change the keyboard on a pearl?

I would think so, doesn't look that easy to take out. You would probably have to take everything else apart just to get it in. Correct me if i'm wrong fellow stackers. You know you could just get the T-Mobil version unlocked and then come to Cingular?

GotPearl?

AnewBerryMan no está en línea Stack level 2

Two different companies making the pearl or something?!? wondering how come their is a difference, when it's the same phone but different carriers, how strange.

Quote Originally Posted by AnewBerryMan
    Two different companies making the pearl or something?!? wondering how come their is a difference, when it's the same phone but different carriers, how strange.
    T-mobile had the Pearl exclusive for some time and then after that time wasup Cingular picked it up. Cingular changed the looks to make it look like their own.

GotPearl?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Each carrier likes to brand their phones, with something unique. RIM just accommedates the carriers more than other manufactures.

hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Each carrier likes to brand their phones, with something unique. RIM just accommedates the carriers more than other manufactures.

hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    I second that.

GotPearl?