Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wow...old thread of mine Limewire completely messed up my PC months ago, causing me to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Advertisement

wow...old thread of mine
    Limewire completely messed up my PC months ago, causing me to not be able to do backups and much worse. I ended up just deleting it and haven't used it since.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    u using xp? hmmm it sounds like it may have been a virus. i use limewire all the time and never had those kind of problems.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I've heard that lime wire is full of virus issues? I'm looking for a site to download cartoons like American Guy or King of the Hill. Something around the half hour and ideally cartoon as its light harted and easy to watch. Videos4blackberry is great but looking for another.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Is there a policy in this forum against stealing music and videos via P2P?

It is not the "stealing" part, it is the "getting caught" part...

...even though, given recent RIAA antics, they fully DESERVE whatever losses they are suffering

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    I've heard that lime wire is full of virus issues? I'm looking for a site to download cartoons like American Guy or King of the Hill. Something around the half hour and ideally cartoon as its light harted and easy to watch. Videos4blackberry is great but looking for another.

Indeed, Stuart -- and anybody else who uses P2P without researching it first: here is a slightly dated (2004) but still valid detailed account of how you get exploited (by Kazaa first):

http://www.searchlores.org/p2P_shin.htm

Quoting from there:

As you can see, the following spywares were added:
    AltNetPoints Manager, P2P NETWORKING, Search Upgrader, and Trickler(GAIN, sporting a new name). The rest, Run Once, Run OnceEx, RunServices and Run Services Once were clean. The startup foldrer in C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp was clean. But when I opened Internet Explorer, several icons and tools were icons were added to its tool bars. Those included a My Search icon and tool, plus a Yahoo button, Ask Jeeves button, LookSmart button, a file option that sent me to http://kd.mysearch.myway.com/jsp/FLm...=KD&searchfor= site, plus a customize and My Search.
    I closed KaZaA down and tried to resume my normal everyday activities which amouted to downloading off UseNet and writing this article. No go. My Internet connection had slowed down to a virtual crawl.

READ it, all ye seekers

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post

anything involving P2P opens the possibility to virus and/or trojan attacks. you take that risk when you use the program or any at that matter

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Blackberrys can't play the windows media player format that some of the limewire movies are dl as, bb's can only play mp4, and 3gpp formats.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea pretty much quicktime formats

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Bloodyhell!! That's scary! I really didn't realise that there could be such a major problem?! The mad part of this is that I'm happy to pay for the right virus free videos but finding a site that is worth the possible charge is harder than finding a free site.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well normally pay sites are a little more filtered for virus free media but there are NO guarantees

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Don't get me wrong I know that there is never a guarentee. Any past videos that I've downloaded has always been done via my pc and hopefully the security software would pick up any problems. I'm unsure if there is any protection on my BB and are not prepared to take the risk downloading anything direct.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea normally as long as you keep your virus software up to date then you should be ok

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    im not even sure what an mu3 file is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12