Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and there's conflicts with other apps. bbweather and tellme are the ones i noticed.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Anyone using SimulSays vusual Voicemail?

Advertisement

and there's conflicts with other apps. bbweather and tellme are the ones i noticed.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    It wasn't random though -- I never got BBweather or Opera to work while SimulSays was installed. I kept getting "null address" being sent. I had no problems on the Browser, Google Maps, JiveTalk or Beyond411...
    in order to get opera or any of the other programs you mentioned working you have to completely close simulsays, go to the simulsays settings in the options menu and uncheck direct TCP connection. Then wait a couple minutes and fire them up. I know with opera every time i did this i would have to redu the connectioun settings. A big hassle. Hopefully this software becomes more refined as it is really cool

danshauna1 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have been using the program for a few days now and love it! I don't have to call in for vmails and I can pick the ones I want to listen to and delete the ones I don't. Its a big time saver for me. And its free!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I ahve been using Callwave for a couple of years and they are also free. Just recently they put into Beta there transcriber service. So far I am less than impressed with the results of the transcription as sometimes it botches the transcript, but it also always sends me the .wav file for listening as well. I have had Callwave for 2 years and love the ability to pick and choose which I want to listen to and in what order (and I can listen to them over and over (as long as not deleted) without burning up minutes. I have it set up for the wife as well and she loves it (it also can work like normal voicemail as well).

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

it is cool i want password protection

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by spike41615
    in order to get opera or any of the other programs you mentioned working you have to completely close simulsays, go to the simulsays settings in the options menu and uncheck direct TCP connection. Then wait a couple minutes and fire them up. I know with opera every time i did this i would have to redu the connectioun settings. A big hassle. Hopefully this software becomes more refined as it is really cool
    Yeah, I had figured that out about changing the connection in SimulSays, but that isn't a solution - just a quick fix. SimulSays needs to figure out why it conflicts with so many other applications. (and I understand it is BETA, I just hope they don't overlook it.)

jimbo831 no está en línea Stack level 1

I haven't had any problems with it on my Pearl and I love the program. Just like the visual voicemail program on the Iphone, and Free, can't complain about Free software.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Someone posted this simulsays fix, and for me it solved both battery drainage and Opera conflicts:
    Go into your blackberry options (wrench) and scroll down to Simulsays Voicemail Options. In there, there is an "Enable Polling Mode" (as opposed to always connected, I assume) option. You can set the time. Mine is defaulted at five minutes. Since I've done that, I've only had Opera error out once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12