Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A cellular phone shop worker told me that he sold a v3 car charger to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trust068 no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone using motorolla V3 charger?

Advertisement

A cellular phone shop worker told me that he sold a v3 car charger to a BB 8100 customer and it end up it fried his 8100. Is that possible???

anyone using v3 car or home charger?

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Re: anyone using motorolla V3 charger?

ive used both, but never for extended periods of time, only when im running on fumes and not around my computer or my home charger,

mostly in my car late at night...

however i did notice that when i tried to use my home 8100 charger on my girlfriends L6 (which i think is the exact same thing a razor but without the flip) it didnt charge and instead just made the camera turn on and off untill i unplugged it.

i have a hard time believeing that, that is what fried the pearl. its probably just a conicidence. I have a feeling there is a good percentage of pearl users who regularly use V3 chargers and that is the first ive ever heard about it harming one.

i do know that the Moto chargers are slightly a higher amperage than the pearls, but i dont think its enough to cause any problems,

give me 4 or 5 years to finish my electrical engineering degree and ill get back to you

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I always use my razr charger at home and my bb at work.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

BLISS1990 no está en línea Stack level 2

me too. i always use my razor chargers when at home or on the go. i dont even know were my pearl charger is. probally still in its box.

dv2006boy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FE46D2

Quote Originally Posted by trust068
    A cellular phone shop worker told me that he sold a v3 car charger to a BB 8100 customer and it end up it fried his 8100. Is that possible???

anyone using v3 car or home charger?
    It might be possible! As u realize the BB charger is different from a Motorola charger the BB one has more power in it just like you cannot charge a Motorola phone with BB charger so the V3 charger wont give the enough power to charge it so might as well fry it!!!

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

I have two v3 chargers, rarely use them. but it never fried my Pearl.

BLISS1990 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dv2006boy
    It might be possible! As u realize the BB charger is different from a Motorola charger the BB one has more power in it just like you cannot charge a Motorola phone with BB charger so the V3 charger wont give the enough power to charge it so might as well fry it!!!

i have had my pearl for 7 months and i have never used the bb charger to charge my bb. i have always used the v3 charger, and it does charge the bb all the way. this is the same for my husbands pearl as well. we also use the motorola bluetooth charger to charge our phones and it also works great.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

This CAN happen. The V3 charger generates a higher wattage output than does the standard Blackberry charger.

* The V3 charger will charge a Blackberry. It could fry the handheld, it may not.

* The Blackberry charger will NOT charge a V3, it doesn't put out enough power.

Ahk10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

has been working fine for me... i was just going to post on this also, actually.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

We have a Pearl and a RAZR. In both our cars, we have a third party car charger...if I'm not mistaken, it claimed to be for both the RAZR and the Pearl. I use it regularly with the Pearl and it seems to do the job just fine.

I haven't tried the Motorola home (AC) charger with the Pearl though, and probably won't.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi folks. We dont have a Razr but in a pinch I usually grab the usb cable from my wifes photo printer or the one for my Toshiba digital camera. I forget what the plug type is called (mini usb I think), but they are identical and both charge the phone up fully.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i still use my moto headset charger

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would never use a charger not made for my BB! Not wooeth the risk of damage. Also my husband has been with tmo for 5 years suggests not using a car charger, it shortens the life of your batter, it is best used for emergencies only!

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a car charger for a V3 that I use when I am on the way home at night. My fiance found a car charger really cheap and used it on her Pearl for a long time and Curve since getting it without problems.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i use a v3 chome charger to charge my bb. but thats because i have a million v3 chargers and 2 bb home chargers. no real huge problems at all. sometime it feels like at least to me that whnei se the v3 charger my battery doesnt't last as long but that could be in my head. it won't fry the battery though. in regards to the car charger, i know it's different voltage. i dn't recommend using a v3 car charger w/a bb at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast