I have tried to use my BB as a modem, and have had no luck. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

has anyone successfully used their 8130 as a modem on us cellular?

Advertisement

I have tried to use my BB as a modem, and have had no luck. Has anyone had any success with this on us cellular? I saw their is a program called shark modem, but it is 50 bucks. If there is a way to do it with out it for free I would rather do that. If there is not a way, has anyone used shark modem? Does it work well?

BBGurlie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    When I upgraded my desktop software, it works just fine. I have Verizon..

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Cool I will do that. Will post back on how it goes. Thankyou. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hardrive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CDAE51
    I use the sprint mobile connection manager on my work pc and it works fine. I also have it tethered on my laptop via bluetooth and works as well.

kentcy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318CE18A
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    I have tried to use my BB as a modem, and have had no luck. Has anyone had any success with this on us cellular? I saw their is a program called shark modem, but it is 50 bucks. If there is a way to do it with out it for free I would rather do that. If there is not a way, has anyone used shark modem? Does it work well?
    I used the trial of mobishark and loved it. It would definitely be useful when at Starbucks or something like that, but I read the fine print from us cellular and they said that they can cancel your service without notice if you use more than 5MB a month so be careful if you go that route.