Every few days, I will plug in my pearl to the wall charger and it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Anyone see this bug before?

Advertisement

Every few days, I will plug in my pearl to the wall charger and it will lock up breifly, then reboot. If I leave it plugged in it will keep trying to reboot but never get more than a few seconds, so it kinda sits there flashing. If I unplug it, it reboots normally and then operates normally too...

It's not a big deal, I like a good battery pull restat every day or two. I think I might call an exorcist though.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Anyone see this bug before?

that seems to be a defect in the phone, none of the devices that i own would do that, and I have seen a few of my customers devices do that. you might want to call your service provider and see if they will send out a replacement!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Never had it happen to me. I plug mine in every night though. hmmm...what's your battery at when you plug it in?

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

possibly... I suppose something might have happened with the usb-mini port. I have been having troubles getting my PC to recognize the device. I think that that issue is just the typical DM headaches though.

However, since there is no consistency to this yet, I think it is too early to say and it's only happened a couple times... The charger port functions well every other time, and there is nothing else wrong on the device aside from an occasional software quirk, definitely nothing else hardware related..

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Never had it happen to me. I plug mine in every night though. hmmm...what's your battery at when you plug it in?
    The couple times it's ever happened its been probably below 20%. Hrm... come to think of it that might be the only common symptom, I'll test a low battery scenario out and see if I can reproduce it.