Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Well I'm not sure.. I just know it's not working (haha) and I had to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #16
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Advertisement



    Well I'm not sure.. I just know it's not working (haha) and I had to tweak a few things on my old Pearl to get it to work as well. Worked fine on Curve though. Strange.
    /~*brooke



  2. #17
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Reinstalling worked


  3. #18
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Trying that here in a few.
    /~*brooke



  4. #19
    cwax's Avatar
    cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Works fine on my 8130

    Goto http://mini.opera.com and download the high memory version




  5. #20
    firegeek's Avatar
    firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    222

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Hmmmmm.......I got it OtA from a link here on the stack and haven't had any problems. Though I do wish that VZW offered the curve. This keyboard is tough on my big fingers. I know, off topic~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #21
    cwax's Avatar
    cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    Hmmmmm.......I got it OtA from a link here on the stack and haven't had any problems. Though I do wish that VZW offered the curve. This keyboard is tough on my big fingers. I know, off topic~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    They will be in may!!




  7. #22
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    They will be in may!!
    I'm hoping so.
    I'll end up having to pay full price for it then though.
    /~*brooke



  8. #23
    firegeek's Avatar
    firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    222

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Same here.....this is my first BB after trying a WM6 device. Addicted now~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #24
    shadrack2002's Avatar
    shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    248906D0
    Posts
    431

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Work from day one for me. Got a 8100. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #25
    danigoldman's Avatar
    danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    Works fine on my 8130
    Are you also running on Verizon?

    Opera Mini runs on about 70% of the mobile phones here in the US. Unfortunately **most** verizon phones are in the other 30%. We are in the process of making a special version of Opera Mini for Verizon phones.

    Daniel
    Opera Software

  11. #26
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Quote Originally Posted by danigoldman View Post
    Are you also running on Verizon?

    Opera Mini runs on about 70% of the mobile phones here in the US. Unfortunately **most** verizon phones are in the other 30%. We are in the process of making a special version of Opera Mini for Verizon phones.

    Daniel
    Opera Software
    Really? Well thanks for the info; I'm going to try to download it again just in case.
    I'll let you all know how it goes.
    /~*brooke



  12. #27
    danigoldman's Avatar
    danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    I've seen opera Mini work on some Verizon phones, however Opera Mini won't work on most VZ phone.

    Good luck!

  13. #28
    amcat's Avatar
    amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    213

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    Installed it on my VZW 8130 OTA and haven't run into any problems yet *knock,knock(wood)*.

  14. #29
    uncleman's Avatar
    uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Posts
    173

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    FYI, I've got an 8130 (which ROCKS!) w/ Sprint's 4.3.0.71 OS on the Verizon network. Opera Mini works great for me. I believe I downloaded it with the desktop and not OTA. I use it for about 90% of my BB surfing; still use the BB browser for some though. Only issue is that when I use the Socket protocol, I get booted every so often....some error message regarding too many bytes downloaded per session. Not sure if that's a Verizon issue or what. Anyway, I usually surf on Opera with the HTTP protocol. It's slightly slower in opening pages, but not so much so that it's too irritating.

  15. #30
    Moechick007's Avatar
    Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    24867F51
    Posts
    110

    Re: Anyone had any luck with Opera Mini on 4.3 8130?

    my question is..... Has TMOBILE cut off Opera? i upgraded OS's a couple weekends ago and since then i have not been able to download Opera at all. it sends me in a continuous loop of selecting my phone. when i get to the download page, i click the download opera button nothing happens. when i did have it (after the upgrade) when i opened it i would get the "Error java.io.IOException: Malformed Address. Returning null connection."

    i'm going to try once more tonight but... i dont know if i'll even be able to get that far....

    i've been having major issues with internet the last few weeks..

    i heard long ago that T-mobile was trying to get rid of the 3rd party apps. but i dont know if its true or not....

    is there a more "tmobile friendly" version of Opera?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •