Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Originally Posted by showtime775 Go to: Profile->Advanced click on the profile you want to edit. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #16
    GeoffreyM's Avatar
    GeoffreyM no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by showtime775
    Go to: Profile->Advanced click on the profile you want to edit. You should see something like:

    Browser
    Calendar
    IM System Message
    Level 1 Messages
    Messages[youremail@whoever.com]

    You can change the notifications for all the items on this screen in the following way: Click on messages for the email or any of the other alerts you want to change notification for then you can edit the way it rings, alert tone, volume, number of beeps, etc.

    Once you do it one time the rest will be easy.
    Thank you for the instructions. I finally had an opportunity to follow them and think they've worked. I say "think" because I tested the restults with both accounts configured and only one seemed to notify me with the options I selected.

    I will just need to play and test a little more.

    Thanks again.

  2. #17
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848
    I think I misunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to have a separate notification for specific individuals like the Ringtone exceptions.

    Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  3. #18
    richcee's Avatar
    richcee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    86

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Quote Originally Posted by showtime775
    Go to: Profile->Advanced click on the profile you want to edit. You should see something like:

    Browser
    Calendar
    IM System Message
    Level 1 Messages
    Messages[youremail@whoever.com]

    You can change the notifications for all the items on this screen in the following way: Click on messages for the email or any of the other alerts you want to change notification for then you can edit the way it rings, alert tone, volume, number of beeps, etc.

    Once you do it one time the rest will be easy.
    Does any of this apply to setting a custom Voicemail tone. Haven't been able to do it.

  4. #19
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    SMS and voicemail are the same tone

  5. #20
    jonop's Avatar
    jonop no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Hi,

    Is there a way on a Pearl, running 4.2.0.51 to set up SMS to have a different notification symbol to email?
    so you can see how many new emails & SMS's as seperate counts etc.
    I have searched and can't seem to find the answer here...

    Thanks

  6. #21
    peterthill's Avatar
    peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Posts
    733

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Quote Originally Posted by jonop View Post
    Hi,

    Is there a way on a Pearl, running 4.2.0.51 to set up SMS to have a different notification symbol to email?
    so you can see how many new emails & SMS's as seperate counts etc.
    I have searched and can't seem to find the answer here...

    Thanks

    Sorry, not in the 0.51 OS. If you want to have seperated boxes for eMail and SMS+MMS then you have to upgrade the OS.

    HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

  7. #22
    jonop's Avatar
    jonop no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Peter,
    How would i find out the latest version on release in the UK?
    i have the desktop software but can't seem to find a site that idenitfies the latest version avaiable and where it can be downloaded from
    Cheers,

  8. #23
    peterthill's Avatar
    peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Posts
    733

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Quote Originally Posted by jonop View Post
    Peter,
    How would i find out the latest version on release in the UK?
    i have the desktop software but can't seem to find a site that idenitfies the latest version avaiable and where it can be downloaded from
    Cheers,
    Here you can find the newest OS for your carrier:

    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp


    And here you can find a guide for the installation of the OS:

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ew_os_4_a.html


    HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

  9. #24
    jonop's Avatar
    jonop no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Thanks Peter,

    Am i right in presuming that once i've upgraded the OS - happening now...

    That it will be obvious? or is there another thread somewhere else on this

    Thanks for the help

  10. #25
    peterthill's Avatar
    peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Posts
    733

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Youre welcome.

    But keep in mind that one thread/post is enough

    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

  11. #26
    j33t3rz's Avatar
    j33t3rz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    24b45e8f
    Posts
    58

    Re: Anyone know the problem with e-mail notification

    Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco View Post
    OK, I have had the 8100 three days now and an issue has popped up.
    I CANNOT get the BB to send me an audio notification when new e-mail arrives.

    I have tried all the different settings [in profile], wiped the BB and started all over again, and nothing works. Sound works for media files, alarm clock and phone ringing, just not the e-mail notifier.

    I don't know if it's some software conflict in my settings or what. I started with a clean slate when I wiped the phone, so you would think that any conflicts would have been eliminated.

    I made sure all the tones are NOT set to mute, that a tone has been selected, volume level set, etc. But only e-mail notification will not work.

    Help.
    i had the same problem a while ago
    you might need to change the filters for your email on your BIS website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •