Just wondering if T-mobile is gonna release a new OS? I see it looks like ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spdygon_99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF8F16

Question Anyone know when T-mo is gonna release a new OS?

Advertisement

Just wondering if T-mobile is gonna release a new OS? I see it looks like every other carrier under the sun has allready released one.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Anyone know when T-mo is gonna release a new OS?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that's the million dollar question lol.

I don't think they've announced a date, rumors I've heard is that they've been working on the wing and the sk id so a new os was put on the back burner. But again that's just a rumor I've heard.

Wish they'd come out with a new one though, they're well overdue for an upgrade.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Why don't you just use the new AT&T one?

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I am glad its taking time after the problems with Italy and other OS's. Just hope it stable and bug free.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

nothing is ever stable and bug free. but here is to wishful thinking. and reddog is right its the same OS but with different things either turned on or off for that provider.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    nothing is ever stable and bug free. but here is to wishful thinking. and reddog is right its the same OS but with different things either turned on or off for that provider.

My Pet Rock Is stable and bug Free! LOL
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Anyone ever realize that it is RIM that makes the OS's? Each provider posts the new OS as it is provided to them. Tmo is not a hardware or software developer, they merely provide service and support (lol, support, rofl) for the devices and software created by other companies.

So. When is RIM going to release a new Tmo OS? As soon as it's ready to see prime time.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Ok, So the reason t-mobile has not released a new OS is because they are tweaking and trying to fix every little bug that they find in a OS beta that t-mobile employee's are testing.

T-mobile doesnt want to release a new OS everytime a different company comes out. They would rather perfect a product before releasing it to the public.

So just be patient with it people and sometime in the future they will be a new OS for you, just give it time.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

pimprice no está en línea Stack level 1

i just want them to release the "komet"

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by spdygon_99
    Just wondering if T-mobile is gonna release a new OS? I see it looks like every other carrier under the sun has allready released one.
    It's a moot point -- load another carrier's Pearl OS. There's no reason to wait for your carrier unless you just enjoy the wait. Your carrier-specific info is contained in the service books, not the OS itself.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Axctually RIM makes the OS but it's up to the provider if they want to launch it or not. I talked to RIM already about t-mobile updated to a new OS, and they said that was a carrier issue and not theirs. So I contacted T-mobile and spoke with them a few tims but they aren't interested in doing that at all. They said or at least it seems as if most t-mobile customers are happy with the current OS, just like they said they are happy using the OZ client for instant messaging. I would hope or tink that they wuld do it a little after the release of the CURVE but that's just speculation. I honestly would suggest having all T-mobile blackberry users contact T-mobile whether it's through email, or through customers service or through the survey's that they conduct every so often. We might be able to get them to release it if enough of us suggest it. I mean T-mobile has a little over 1 million Blackberry subscribers. I'm sure we all could make some sort of a change

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Yes, Tmo will decide when they want to release, because the bugs they are most interested in are Tmo specific. You don't release until you feel that you have enough fixes stacked up (or a single fix is high priority), to make it worth it. So, once Tmo is happy with what RIM has ready, or if RIM were to decide a high priority release were necessary, would there be a release.

In fact, the most likely story is that Tmo does not want to release until a very specific set of bugs is fixed or features added, and RIM has not fixed them or added them yet.

Thus is the world of software development. It doesn't matter if you break it down to a client developer view or not, it is still the developer that were are waiting on. Above all, for all the waiting that we have to do, bugs are being fixed and features are being added. Patience goes a very long way in software. Who knows, maybe Tmo is trying to add PTT or something fun like that.

scipio1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Okay folks, which one of these posters works for tmo? Any guesses or confessions?

Twizted no está en línea Stack level 1

OK, Say I load a OS from another vendor.... What about TMO myFaves? Will that be loaded onto the phone via Servicebooks?

While were on the subject.. Say I had a Cingular 8525 and unlocked it, moved to TMO... Would I be able to load myFaves onto it via service books? just curious as I just sold my 8525 when I moved to TMO because I was told I had to buy a TMO myFaves phone for it to work ... Wondering if I was duped...