Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by emarang I recently acquired a Blackberry 7290. Started using it last week ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Anyone know how to do a hard reset?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by emarang View Post
    I recently acquired a Blackberry 7290. Started using it last week and used Desktop Manager to try out some different apps' TodayI tried downloadind a different apps and now my 7290 will not reboot. It tries, the hourglass spins then I get the screen message Device Error: 400 Reset. When I reset, it repeats the cycle.. Any ideas how to get it back to default settings... HELP!

ANYONE know how to Reset a Blackberry 7290 when the screen states

Device Error: 400
    Reset
    Try this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2095686261

pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206942CE

Question Re: Anyone know how to do a hard reset?

Quote Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
    No offense, but this is *not* a Hard Reset. A Hard Reset, as popularized by the PalmOS world, is a complete wipe of a device back to virgin state; on a Treo this involves holding down the power button and sticking a paperclip in the hole -- the device wipes and reloads itself from scratch.

A battery pull is akin to a Soft Reset (aka reboot) of your device, and will not wipe any of your user data on the device. This would be similar to simply sticking a paperclip in the hole in a Treo without any extra buttons held down.

OP: a surefire way to 'hard' wipe your handset is to simply reload the OS, and choosing *not* to save any of your settings during the process (there's an option during the OS install to do this type of thing). You can even use a proggy like JL_Cmdr to physically whack the OS on your device to force a fresh OS install.

K peeps...need some help. I'm a past Treo user and am familiar with the Hard Reset as mentioned above. I used to use it on my Treo when it got cluttered with 3rd party stuff. Since my Pearl is new, I've been downloading tons of apps that I maybe use once or twice then delete them...I play around with the settings etc. until things start getting a little screwy. I did a wipe on it about a week after I got it...whew...didn't know it would take like an hour...when it started up again, all the apps I had downloaded (that weren't factory installed) were still on my Pearl. It had reset all of the settings, but didn't touch the apps. I thought a 'wipe' was supposed to take EVERYTHING non-factory off and restore all the default settings?

PIN/ID
    206942CE

Question Re: Anyone know how to do a hard reset?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadHead613 View Post
    I just spoke to RIM tech support. There is no way to perform a hard reset on a BlackBerry device.

To set it back to the original state, you must use the Application Loader applet in Desktop Manager. You choose to re-install the OS and use the Advanced button to choose to delete all applications and data on the device.

Sorry.
    I started the Application loader from the DM, but I don't see the option to re-install the OS...or the Advanced button allowing me to delete all apps and data...I'm so confused...

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by pearlywhites35 View Post
    I started the Application loader from the DM, but I don't see the option to re-install the OS...or the Advanced button allowing me to delete all apps and data...I'm so confused...
    What are you trying to do pearly? Do you want to wipe the device completely?

PIN/ID
    206942CE

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    What are you trying to do pearly? Do you want to wipe the device completely?
    Yep...I want to return it to its virgin-just-outta-the-box state...can you help me Redd?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by pearlywhites35 View Post
    Yep...I want to return it to its virgin-just-outta-the-box state...can you help me Redd?
    Here try Lavagirl's Blog http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

PIN/ID
    206942CE

Thanks Redd Stackers are the BEST!!

joe4you no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi:
    This migth help for your hard reset; and I see its been posted but that's is a hard reset. Another susgestion is go to your BB manual that came with the cell phone it should tell you how to do different resets.

Hard reset is done by putting a pin true the BB small hole located in the bottom on mine. And holding it for a few seconds. Then see what happens. If nothing happens hold your power key and release as soon it rloads. In treo you hold the power key until you get the palm logo. And then move the navigation key and selected delete. I hope this help you. But I recomend going to your phone manual or guide for more information. GOOD GOING!!

tkd_xma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco View Post
    I want to wipe out my 8100 settings and start over to see where I am screwing up to where some of my settings don't take hold [e.g. my e-mail refuses to play an audible sound when e-mail arrives].

I think it has something to do with conflicts when I transfer my 7100t data to the 8100 [using the 8100 desktop manager software].

So, if that's the problem, I want to scrub the 8100 so to get rid of any code that might be contaminating the device.

I have about 300 contacts from the 7100t that I want transferred and that is all. So I don't care about other stuff, such as the few calendar entries I have on the 7100.

So is there a hard reset procedure on the device [as opposed to doing it through Desktop Manager which is what the TMO rep said after I told her there was no "wipe" feature on the 8100, which she thought there was].

Thanks in advance for the help. Oh, if my e-mail sound notification issue is caused by something else, let me know.
    -------
    Note: This will erase all phone data and memory. Data will be restored to factory content and settings.

Hard Reset

From the main screen.
    Select Options.
    Select Security Options.
    Select General Settings.
    Press Trackwheel.
    Select Wipe Handheld.
    Select Continue.
    Type blackberry to confirm wipe.
    Press Trackwheel.
    Last edited by tkd_xma; 03-13-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Note: This will erase all phone data and memory. Data will be restored to factory content and settings.

Hard Reset

From the main screen.
    Select Options.
    Select Security Options.
    Select General Settings.
    Press Trackwheel.
    Select Wipe Handheld.
    Select Continue.
    Press Trackwheel.

hard reset

Hard Reset

From the main screen.
    Select Options.
    Select Security Options.
    Select General Settings.
    Press Trackwheel.
    Select Wipe Handheld.
    Select Continue.
    Press Trackwheel.

MilitaryPawn no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I turn my pearl on I get the error Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException, and it wont go away so I can't do anything else. I know I need to hard reset the phone but my problem gets worse. My USB port is broken so I can't plug it into my computer and because I can't click anything I can't set up the bluetooth to do it that way. Is there any way to reset the phone using the microSD card, like some kind of self extracting reset file or something? I couldn't find anything on Google. Please help! I don't know what else to do!?

redman2d no está en línea Stack level 1
    my new blackberry didnt let me play any audio at all even what was already on the phone so i tried putting whatever program i may have accidentally removed back, didnt work so decided to jl_cmder to thing and put the os all over again but after doing that the little sand timer just keeps spinning forever and doesnt stop....what should i do?

ktran no está en línea Stack level 1
    The wipe process doesn't quite do what I need it to do. Wiping does get rid of all my emails and contacts, however it doesn't seem to get rid of the applications and security lock that was put onto the phone.

I have an 8100 and I had given it to my IT folks to connect my phone to the corporate BB server. They did something to my handheld where they locked the password (under the options/security/general settings) to be enabled. There's a little red lock next to it. I can't change it. I assume they pushed somesort of security policy to the phone.

Likewise, when I go into the blackberry setup folder to try to setup an email account, the only option it gives me is enterprise activation.

This particular phone is no longer active since I upgraded to the Bold. I was hoping to wipe everything out and possibly Ebay the thing, since it was my own personal phone in the first place.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the security software that's in place on the phone?

Noles1724 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Hard Reset

If I do a hard reset will I lose the phone numbers stored on my phone?

Thanks
    DJ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast