Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I want to wipe out my 8100 settings and start over to see where I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Anyone know how to do an 8100 hard reset?

Advertisement

I want to wipe out my 8100 settings and start over to see where I am screwing up to where some of my settings don't take hold [e.g. my e-mail refuses to play an audible sound when e-mail arrives].

I think it has something to do with conflicts when I transfer my 7100t data to the 8100 [using the 8100 desktop manager software].

So, if that's the problem, I want to scrub the 8100 so to get rid of any code that might be contaminating the device.

I have about 300 contacts from the 7100t that I want transferred and that is all. So I don't care about other stuff, such as the few calendar entries I have on the 7100.

So is there a hard reset procedure on the device [as opposed to doing it through Desktop Manager which is what the TMO rep said after I told her there was no "wipe" feature on the 8100, which she thought there was].

Thanks in advance for the help. Oh, if my e-mail sound notification issue is caused by something else, let me know.

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Anyone know how to do a hard reset?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to wipe your 8100, go to options, then security and press the menu key. You'll see a wipe option.

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oops. I forgot to say you need to go into general settings in security.

Thanks for that info. I did not see it under general settings, so I hit the "menu" key once in there and the "wipe info" menu item was there.

Just wiped out my 8100

windexh8er no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem (e-mail not playing any audible when I receive). Did this fix your problem? I did a reset and I also had to load a generic policy because the 8100 had been associated with a BES before. Still no go, I can't get any tones to play when I receive an e-mail (under the "messages" section of any given profile). HELP?!?!!? If I do a hard reset do I need to resetup my e-mail? It shows up, so I'm not sure why I would need to. I also noticed the IMEI is empty if I go back into setup e-mail. Do I need this? Not sure why I would if I'm getting the mail -- but no audible. GRRRRR.

windexh8er no está en línea Stack level 1

Nevermind. Go figure, right after I post. I had to do a "Send Service Books" from the BlackBerry page. Then the "messages" item in the profiles changed to include my e-mail address. How frustrating!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

windexh8er, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you get everything working?
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tecnoworldgk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CD319

Making a "wipe" is the same as a "Hard Reset"?

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

I would like to know if it fixed your problem as well. I didn't have a problem with email, but I had a problem with oz aim saving my settings. I did a wipe, assuming it would delete everything and it just deleted information (not the programs I've installed). I told myself whatever and just went with it. It didn't fix the problem. :/ not going to do another wipe again, don't believe it's the same as a hard reset.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tecnoworldgk
    Making a "wipe" is the same as a "Hard Reset"?
    No, it is not to my knowledge. A wipe is just like a computer hard drive wipe. It brings it to a "just out of the box" status regarding the OS/settings.

PIN/ID
    204CD319

How can I do a Hard Reset, then? I've try the "wipe" but still have my problem. Can someone share with us how to do a Hard Reset on the Pearl 8100?

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

I just copy my old posted somewhere in this forum, since no ones know how to search.
    Here :

You just can setup Password on the device. Lock it up, then connect the Pearl to PC, open DM, when asking for password, type the wrong ones for 10 times (set 10 for number of password attemps in the Pearl), and it will scrub entirely drive (not Media Card), then reload the OS.. I have done this with TMOBILE OS, not sure if this can be applied to ROGER OS, or O2 OS.

PIN/ID
    204CD319

It did erase everything, I don't if this is really a Hard Reset but sure erased all info. I'm still unable to get my phone to dial propertly. I turn the Radio ON, it search & finds the carriers signal & shows GSM for a few seconds, then it changes to "edge" & stays like that. The Bar that shows the signal it's full. Until this point I dial any number & even Carriers *611 (SOS) & it doesn't let the call to be done. It brings an error while it's a leyend saying "calling" it shows an error saying "Call Failed".

Can someone help me?

PIN/ID
    204CD319

Anyone can help me?

That's called "wipe handheld" on the Pearl.

Go to

<options>

click trackball

<security options>

click trackball

<general settings>

click trackball

click <menu> key while in general settings [menu key is dotted key to left of trackball]

highlight <wipe handheld>

click trackball and follow prompts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast