Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Rcbjr is right. Trust me it has nothing to do with drivers ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Re: anyone got any ideas

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr is right. Trust me it has nothing to do with drivers or software. USB powers regardless of what software you have. If anyone doesn't believe this go plug ur BB into a desktop with no BB software. Sure you won't sync (obviously) but it will charge fine. I have come across many laptops with low voltage USB ports. Some have them some don't. The ones that have low voltage USB have the advantage of not having their batteries drained by USB devices but the disadvantage is that you can't run some powered USB devices off them (or charge your BB). Without a powered hub. Try all the software upgrades you want - but trust me they won't work. Try calling your laptop manufacturer to confirm...

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

i would do this, go to control panel then power options, whatever your power sheme is change it to home/office desk.. see if that works

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Seems i also recall with self powered USB devices the cord must be under a certain length? I wanna say 12 inches or less? I may be off on that tho?

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=736

"By the way, Windows XP or Vista will tell you the power available and consumed by every USB device currently connected to your PC. Go into Device Manager / Unversial Serial Bus controllers. Open each device and check the Power and Advanced tabs."
    Last edited by Spoook; 09-22-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    You mentioned you used the disc that came with your phone. There have been numerous reports of faulty software on the discs. I would start by removing the DM from your computer and downloading the new SP2 from BB's website. It will take a little while even on broadband. Once it is downloaded, install it and see if the error stays.

Zo
    thanks so much i will do a search today and try to find that.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Every Notebook computer is different. Just because one worked a given way doesn't mean that a different Brand or even model will work the same way. As nmadd said check your Power Mangagement settings and also with some Laptops will not provide full power to USB ports unless Plugged in to an external power source and running on full power settings in the Power Mangement Settings.

Rcbjr.
    hey dude thanks a bunch, I tried everything and it wouldnt even show the device plugged in, this did the trick!! sorry classes are keeping me busy is way it took so long to respond

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123