Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am running vista and i didnt have any trouble with it with the crappy ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: anyone got any ideas

Advertisement

I am running vista and i didnt have any trouble with it with the crappy acer i had. and i dont know how to reinstall the drivers since i didnt install it i just put the disc in for the bb and did it like i did on the other computer

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a palm pilot that would not charge on my laptop and I was told it was because a laptop doesn't provide as much of a charge as a regular pc -it doesn't have enough "juice", so to speak. Does the Blackberry charge on a regular pc? If it does then you might try getting a powered usb hub for your laptop - it will produce more of a charge and should do the trick. They're pretty inexpensive.

PIN/ID

it charged just fine to that crappy acer i had it was just a very small hard drive and not what i wanted now i can't seem to figure this little glitch out
    but thanks so much to all for all the feed back i have received so far

A laptop doesn't produce as muh power as a pc, I think that's why your error msg refers to a "powered usb source." See my msg above. I hope this helps.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It might actually be Vista. I had this problem on a previous notebook (with XP Tablet) and XP Media Center Edition on this one a few times. All I did was disconnect the BB and reconnect it.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Hi cyberspas is correct. It has nothing to do with software or drivers. In fact you can charge a bb with no desktop software installed - it just uses the power supplied by the USB port. USB standard supplies a certain power to devices so that they don't need their own power supply (like web cams etc) but to save battery some laptop supply less power than desktops do. They do this so that if you have 5 powered USB devices your laptop battery won't last only 10 mins... The only way around this is to buy a powered USB hub (as mentioned by previous poster) - which kind of defeats the purpose!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I've never had problems powering usb devices with my hp (dv6000) notebook. I've only got 3 ports but used all of them at the same time (2 for external 2.5 hdd and 1 for bb) plugged into ac or not and never had a problem. The usb port doesn't have to be powered if it connected directly to the motherboard (that means it is powered) like it is on a notebook. Powered usb ports means external hubs (as you cannot use an unpowered usb hub for bb). I've never heard of such a thing as them turning down voltage on a usb port.

Have you tried all the usb ports? Are you using an oem bb data cable? I heard some aftermarket ones have that problem.
    Last edited by VeryBerry; 09-21-2007 at 04:02 AM.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know where this is in Vista but in XP, perhaps check the Power Management tab for each USB Root Hub in the Device Manager. There is an "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. I don't know if that even helps, but good luck.

all I know is my palm pilot would not charge on my laptop and it was directly plugged into a usb port. I bought a powered usb hub and it charged.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Every Notebook computer is different. Just because one worked a given way doesn't mean that a different Brand or even model will work the same way. As nmadd said check your Power Mangagement settings and also with some Laptops will not provide full power to USB ports unless Plugged in to an external power source and running on full power settings in the Power Mangement Settings.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Bootsector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120

Is it a high speed usb port?
    Please make sure that the USB port(s) are "USB 2.0", this is "high speed". I'd call HP, and/or check a different cable.
    PIN: 204CFA3F

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

i've gotten this, too. but, i also notice that the battery icon on my bb changes to a lightning bolt, which tells me its charging. and, i've seen the battery meter go up. so, its like a false positive. so...even though you get that message, do you notice that your battery's charging?
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

well you can always try just updating your USB drivers with the appropriate ones from BB itself or your carrier's web-site...here is the link from t-mobile

http://support.t-mobile.com/productS...3-7aef59a35ba2

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    well you can always try just updating your USB drivers with the appropriate ones from BB itself or your carrier's web-site...here is the link from t-mobile

http://support.t-mobile.com/productS...3-7aef59a35ba2
    that's for t mobile and and i have cingular/att i had no proble what so ever on the acer but so far with one will not even notice the connection on the laptop at all let alone charge it, but if i open the sd it shows my pics and music but does not show connected to dm...anyone got anything else for me i am checking it all and thanks in advance for any good info

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You mentioned you used the disc that came with your phone. There have been numerous reports of faulty software on the discs. I would start by removing the DM from your computer and downloading the new SP2 from BB's website. It will take a little while even on broadband. Once it is downloaded, install it and see if the error stays.

Zo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast