I have a 8120 on orange uk and yesterday for a while every call I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

anyone else occasionally not able to hear callers?

Advertisement

I have a 8120 on orange uk and yesterday for a while every call I made or received i couldn't hear anything and then person on the other end couldn't hear anything either it didn't even ring when making a call. I eventually I removed the battery and replaced it (otherwise the phone doesn't seem to truely turn off) I got the large eggtimer when turning on and this seemed to solve it but is odd and haven't had the phone long. Anyone else had a similar problem?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have not had that with any of my BB's. I also have an 8120 that has been just fine so far.

I'm not sure the battery pull was indeed a factor, as it sounds like more of an issue with your cellular provider. You might wish to give them & call.

Less us know what the outcome is.

Cheers
    via: BlackBerry 8120

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    I have a 8130. Every now and again i receive a call and am able to hear the caller but they cant hear me. After a few seconds of "hello?....hello?" i hang up and call them back, the problem is thus resolved.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_84 View Post
    I have a 8130. Every now and again i receive a call and am able to hear the caller but they cant hear me. After a few seconds of "hello?....hello?" i hang up and call them back, the problem is thus resolved.
    Precisely!
    That's something that I've experienced with nearly every mobile phone I've had. Thus it's a network issue.
    Cheers!

tony_ctc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2434cbed
    Well... I've experienced a problem like that...

It was like... i made a call, and it didn't even ring, it came back to the phone history... When trying to receive a call, it just hang up when i pick up...

I solved it about a week ago...

I've updated the system of my bb... It's back to normal...

If this issue continues for more days, try to reinstall your system software...

Maybe it helps...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by tony_ctc View Post
    Well... I've experienced a problem like that...

It was like... i made a call, and it didn't even ring, it came back to the phone history... When trying to receive a call, it just hang up when i pick up...

I solved it about a week ago...

I've updated the system of my bb... It's back to normal...

If this issue continues for more days, try to reinstall your system software...

Maybe it helps...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    how I install my system software? and if that would delete my phone contacts? thanks