Hey there everyone, Something weird is going on with my pearl, I set my password ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dethtrax no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone come across a password problem?

Advertisement

Hey there everyone,

Something weird is going on with my pearl, I set my password and set a timeout period, now my phone wont unlock. when I try to unlock my phone it throws the "Incorrect password" error at me, eventually third or fourth try it goes plain text and I can clearly see that I'm entering the password correctly and still nothing not even an error about it being the incorrect password. However, if I use the Desktop Manager I can unlock it but through a PC which is really annoying! anyone else come across this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    are you sure that you're typing the correct pass? When I had my pearl I would type too fast and I would always get this.

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    I had that problem once, mine locked and screen wouldnt come on but I could call it and hear it ring but it still wouldnt come on. I couldnt see if I was typing the right password or not. It wont be suretype when u type your password it will be multitap.

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Ok im a little confused, on my pearl I have the password enabled with timeout as well but i set it to only 1 attempt, if i dont enter it correctly, the password application tell me to type blackberry (during this step you can see what you are typing) then after i click the trackball after entering blackberry then it prompts me for my password again...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2nails View Post
    Ok im a little confused, on my pearl I have the password enabled with timeout as well but i set it to only 1 attempt, if i dont enter it correctly, the password application tell me to type blackberry (during this step you can see what you are typing) then after i click the trackball after entering blackberry then it prompts me for my password again...
    Jason you need to bump up the number of attempts, because if you type in blackberry it will do a security wipe on your device.

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    It only wipes if you enter all attempts incorrectly, it may be different by models but on my phone i have it set to 3 attempts, after each incorrect attempt it asks for me to enter blackberry to continue, if i enter blackberry correctly then it moves on to attempt 2, if not it just keeps asking for blackberry. So on my device set at 3 attempts I have to enter an incorrect code, then enter blackberry (correctly), enter incorrect code, enter blackberry, enter incorrect code, then it wipes my device after blackberry has been entered 3 times correctly with 3 incorrect codes. Is that the same way on your 8310.. CURIOUS
    Last edited by jason2nails; 07-02-2008 at 10:01 AM.