Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi Used voice dialing for the first time today. Was really blown ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pattachan no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: anybody not impressed yet with voice dialing!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi View Post
    Used voice dialing for the first time today. Was really blown away by how accurately it scanned my entire address book (which has hundreds of entries), and flawlessly recognized over 20 first and last names and gave me options to dial!

I have used voice dialing in the past on other phones, it was nowhere as good as this. Any body else have experience with this?

I have 1400 entries in my phone book including multi numbers and such... I have been nothing but please with the voice dialing system in this thing since I had my 8100 on t-mobile. I've since had the 8800, 8320, 8830, and 8130 and couldn't be more pleased with this voice dialing system.

I've noticed several manufacturers putting this system into their phones including LG and motorola. This system works great on all phones I've used it on. Let's hope it becomes the new industry standard. the only thing that depresses me a little is the fact that in the motorola Z3 from T-Mobile motorola had the brains to implement the voice shortcuts for texting and emailing, my question is why on a BB this isn't activated. I mean the BB is a much more advanced phone and you'd think of all the phones that this voice software is on, a BB would be the one to have all the voice shortcut goodies.

rblackb no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried the voice dialing on my 8100 with very little success. When I say 'call voice mail' it will always come back with call 'something other than voicemail'. Any idea how to fix this?

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Never tried yet , will check , if you guys had xperienced so much good

~via Aswani-Berry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

When I tell the voice dialing lady some offensive words I would expect a reply like: "dial yourself you lazy bast..." , so i'm not satisfied ;(

But on topic.. I believe its a good thing.. haven't had any problems with it.. but I wont use it in public.. it looks to stupid to talk to the phone in public ;p the guys in white coats might come after me again.. they got pills

spacemn_spiff no está en línea Stack level 1

I like the voice dial feature and have been pleased with it, using with BT seems like a hit and miss, but mostly it works.
    Black Pearl 8100 - T-Mobile

facmgr6569 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317fbd3f

Quote Originally Posted by ddanht View Post
    I know you guys have tried out the Check stuff

Check Coverage
    Check Battery
    Check Phone Number
    Check Signal

I feel like i'm in Star Fleet
    Yea its even better when you are using your bluetooth earpice lol

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Wow..I never tried it before. Maybe I should ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

The voice dial is absolutely AWESOME! Works every time so far!

skywaterbanjo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31809CE7

I, too, love the accuracy of the voice dial. However, I have a question/problem. When I have my phone connected to my car via Bluetooth, both the speaker and the mic on the phone are disabled and I am not able to use voice dial. My car has its own address book, command set, etc. so a command entered thru the car's system doesn't reach the phone and the phone's system is disabled.

Anybody know a solution?

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

It has real good potential . Sometimes it works pretty good and sometimes not. I got the Aliph Jawbone for Christmas and it works pretty cool MOST of the time. I have since made some setting changes to the phone with the sensitivity and changing English (UK/US) to just simply English . Also, I found this out too!! If you go to options-->voice dialing-->menu button, click on Adapt Digits and it will give you 10 number combinations that you repeat and is recorded. This I know is for calling out digits but it has helped in adapting my voice to the software.

Skratchy_Seal no está en línea Stack level 1

I think the major difference is what BT earpiece you're using. I found that it works flawlessly when I speak directly to the phone, but experience problems exactly like jasonrak when I'm using the BT.

I tried so many different ways to try it with my ear piece, but it was giving me problems for the most part. Sometimes, i do get lucky with it.

I have an older ear piece, so I think it might make a difference if I get a higher quality one.

I wish there was an easy command to check your voicemail using the voice dial, but I think I can just manually enter it in my address book. I do love how impressive it is after you train it to recognize numbers.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal View Post
    I think the major difference is what BT earpiece you're using. I found that it works flawlessly when I speak directly to the phone, but experience problems exactly like jasonrak when I'm using the BT.

I tried so many different ways to try it with my ear piece, but it was giving me problems for the most part. Sometimes, i do get lucky with it.

I have an older ear piece, so I think it might make a difference if I get a higher quality one.

I wish there was an easy command to check your voicemail using the voice dial, but I think I can just manually enter it in my address book. I do love how impressive it is after you train it to recognize numbers.
    my voicemail is set up for speed dial 1. just hold for 3 seconds and it calls voicemail

tj2311111 Guest

I deleted my voice dialing. Never used it much or needed it really.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

BassX no está en línea Stack level 1

I use voice dialing with a jawbone BT headset. It works virtually perfectly. I have about 1,000 contacts in my phone and consider voice dialing indispensable, especially while driving.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast