Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah! I find the voice dialing so cool. My friends think I'm an idiot because ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

Re: anybody not impressed yet with voice dialing!

Advertisement

Yeah! I find the voice dialing so cool. My friends think I'm an idiot because they think it takes longer to dial a number then to just go to my recent call log. But I think they're just jealous!
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

Quote Originally Posted by ddanht
    I know you guys have tried out the Check stuff

Check Coverage
    Check Battery
    Check Phone Number
    Check Signal

I feel like i'm in Star Fleet
    I did not know my Pearl can do that too! What other commands can it recognize? Is there a list somewhere?
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

jkniepkamp no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh what fun! That edit trick WORKED!... just as I was nearly ready to throw my Pearl out as a fishing lure. Not that I fish.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Me....at least not as of yet. I haven't had time to adjust the setting's, well, I did decrease once but "It" really sucks to me. And Sure Type is bs!!!! (:
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

daspence no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got a new 8800 and was amazed at the voice recognition for finding contacts and dialing numers.

However, I do not know how to handle "company directory" dial by name when I call a customer and have to spell a name with numbers. They are not on the keys like a cell phone and even if I memorized the locations I will likely drive into a tree trying to spell out the name with the tiny little keys.

Any ideas?

Djct_watt no está en línea Stack level 1

I love the voice dial functions.... But I wish there was a "check time" command. It'd be very useful when the BB is in the holster and my hand free is on.

gurukast no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jopfer View Post
    I bought my new Pearl the day they came out, an upgrade from the 7105t, and I absolutely LOVE IT. After 10 years of Blackberry thumbwheels, I never thought I could handle not having it. I was over the thumbwheel in 3 minutes.

One Problem that took me a day to solve with no one in the t-mobile store even able to help me was with voice dialing. I couldnt make voice dialing work by name for any entry in my address book, but after hours of trying suddenly realized that voice dialing by name worked for a new entry that I had put into my address book, after I activated the Pearl. It didn't work for ANY of the addresses that I had transferred from my 7105t.

THE SOLUTION: Which I discovered by trial and error, is to open the old addresses from the 7105t in EDIT mode. After that, merely SAVE it again and voila, voice dialing works fine for that entry.

I'm assuming that this is a bug as it is quite a pain to have to open hundreds of address book enntries in edit mode and then save them again, but so far this is the only solution that I have discovered.

After you do this fix, voice dialing by name works virtually 100% of the time...awesome!

Jim
    try switching languages - it rescanns the address book ( say from US english ot UK english and back again..)

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I've never been too pleased with it. I guess I talk funny... or maybe I should add some last names.
    /~*brooke

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I have had issues with it, it worked perfectly for me initially but it seems that each time I upgraded the os it got worse and worse, I also noticed that it works differently depending on the bluetooth headset. But if the edit save trick works ill be happy once more with the voice dialing feature.

shortman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by daspence View Post
    I just got a new 8800 and was amazed at the voice recognition for finding contacts and dialing numers.

However, I do not know how to handle "company directory" dial by name when I call a customer and have to spell a name with numbers. They are not on the keys like a cell phone and even if I memorized the locations I will likely drive into a tree trying to spell out the name with the tiny little keys.

Any ideas?
    You will need to hold down the ALt Key when pressing the letters.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I love the voice dialing on the 8100. Works great!

skiotterjeff no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    The Voice Dialing Is very good.

Now I want voice emailing and voice sms.

It isn't voice SMS, but check out www.jott.com. There's your voice emailing. Have to sync your address book, but not that big of a deal.

I use it most to 'Jott Myself' when I am driving and don't want to try and write down a note that comes to mind. It transcribes by voice and emails it back to me where I can easily copy it into a To Do or whatever.

Its great for blasting messages to groups too. I use it for soccer tournaments. If there is a field change, I can Jott all of the parents with one phone call, and they all get an email on their BB or a text/SMS if they don't have mobile email with the field change. So I guess there is your text SMS too if you have the person's sms address setup as an email address in your address book.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Yep, it's one of the best apps on the BB. Works perfect in my car til 180 km/h

My 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

The voice dialing is crab for me, every time it shot up three four alternative and none is what I want.

streetking910 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241875a5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not really a big fan of the voice dialing it works great tho but my hands seem faster.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast