Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

so i was reading this post not really sure what the voice dialing was about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Re: anybody not impressed yet with voice dialing!

Advertisement

so i was reading this post not really sure what the voice dialing was about and then i realized that i was bored enough to play with it.

interestingly enough my brother's nickname is shorty. not a common word, especially not for a program like this.

not one problem. recognized it right away.

then, i decided to test the system. i have a friend that i call Cognitti. the system got this one right instantly!!

i dont know what i have to complain about with this phone, and the voice calling just adds to my list of amazements.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

i have yet to get this to work!!! I have only tried it through my Plantronics Voyager BT headset (I figured voice diallng is only really valuable when I can't or shouldn't access my phone).
    I have just under a thousand contacts, and it has NEVER gotten it right. I'l try it directly from my phone today.

Great forum by the way!

I found with my pearl that for all the contacts that I imported into the pearl from my 7105t that I had to open them in the 'edit' mode first, then hit 'save'. Then the voice dialing by name works perfectrly every time. It must be a bug. You can also see my post on this subject a few days ago

Jim

zukutu no está en línea Stack level 2

I love the extension dialing. Its awesome, I can put all my office extension number... Two thumbs up for this feature.

I bought my new Pearl the day they came out, an upgrade from the 7105t, and I absolutely LOVE IT. After 10 years of Blackberry thumbwheels, I never thought I could handle not having it. I was over the thumbwheel in 3 minutes.

One Problem that took me a day to solve with no one in the t-mobile store even able to help me was with voice dialing. I couldnt make voice dialing work by name for any entry in my address book, but after hours of trying suddenly realized that voice dialing by name worked for a new entry that I had put into my address book, after I activated the Pearl. It didn't work for ANY of the addresses that I had transferred from my 7105t.

THE SOLUTION: Which I discovered by trial and error, is to open the old addresses from the 7105t in EDIT mode. After that, merely SAVE it again and voila, voice dialing works fine for that entry.

I'm assuming that this is a bug as it is quite a pain to have to open hundreds of address book enntries in edit mode and then save them again, but so far this is the only solution that I have discovered.

After you do this fix, voice dialing by name works virtually 100% of the time...awesome!

Jim

tgibb32 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new to blackberry's...just picked up my pearl last week! Love it! Anyway, I was using voice dialing perfectly until today when I pushed the left key and the program didn't automatically start working. Then I selected it from the program menu...and still nothing. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

Didn't know that it would be that accurate. Gotta say I love that feature. Don't you love when you get something extra that you like, and don't know you're getting it.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

I had no idea voice dialing could work this well, the Pearl is the best by far I've ever had

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by tgibb32
    I am new to blackberry's...just picked up my pearl last week! Love it! Anyway, I was using voice dialing perfectly until today when I pushed the left key and the program didn't automatically start working. Then I selected it from the program menu...and still nothing. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
    same here what you need to keep in mind is that the Pearl is like a miny PC sometimes it just needs a "Re-Boot" just power it off and remove the battery for a minute, hope that helps it did for me

Schleprock no está en línea Stack level 1

The voice dialing is flawless on my Pearl... It has not missed yet, even when I have the car windows down or when I let the kids " call Mom"

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Schleprock, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the input. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

It was WAY better than my old phone. I just don't like when you have a house and mobile number it says Did you say blah blah. If it didn't keep checking all the time I would love it. So if I only have one # under the name I like it. If it's more I don't.

ddanht no está en línea Stack level 1

I know you guys have tried out the Check stuff

Check Coverage
    Check Battery
    Check Phone Number
    Check Signal

I feel like i'm in Star Fleet

Bilabong356 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah the voice dialing is great, use it all the time.

ralliart22 no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah its the same software most of the new samsungs carry for voice dialing, it works almost perfectly with your natural voice and the coolest part is you dont have to train it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast