Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Used voice dialing for the first time today. Was really blown away by how accurately ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

anybody not impressed yet with voice dialing!

Advertisement

Used voice dialing for the first time today. Was really blown away by how accurately it scanned my entire address book (which has hundreds of entries), and flawlessly recognized over 20 first and last names and gave me options to dial!

I have used voice dialing in the past on other phones, it was nowhere as good as this. Any body else have experience with this?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: anybody not impressed yet with voice dialing!

No 8100 here. Need all my keys.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

The Voice Dialing Is very good.

Now I want voice emailing and voice sms.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

now i have to go check this out
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone know of a free program for the 8700 that would allow this?

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

I duno know whitch app you are usein but the one I tryed on a nextell 7520 that required you to use the ptt key was sooo slow but it did do a good job of reconizing the names. In the end I deleted it cause it was slow I can use one touch dialing faster~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jasonrak no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B47D7

Hi folks...noobie BB user here....Just bought the Pearl and was reading this thread. For some reason I cannot get the voice dialing to work! When it asks me for a command and I try one (for example an address book entry called "Home" calls my home number) it keeps asking me to repeat and then finds nothing. Then I try a person's name (in my address book they are listed Last, First) and I spoke the name normally (First Last) and still nothing. I read this thread and peopel spoke of "scaning" address book? How do I get it to do that then? Please help Thanks so much
    Jason

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jasonrak, Welcome to PinStack.

I can't help you with the Pearl, but I'm pretty sure some one will be along soon with some suggestions.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    N8, you're never happy

PIN/ID
    204B47D7

Thanks rcbjr!
    These really are great boards! very helpful and educational.
    I do hope someone comes along soon and can help with teh voice dialing...
    Jason

Essentially, every time I start the voice dial function, it initializes (1 or 2 seconds), and asks me for a command. You have to say "Call" or some other command for it to start listening to the name. So I say "Call", it says "say name or number" - you can do either, and it dials the number (if there is only one choice) or gives you options in case of ambiguity. You can also directly command " Call Smith"... and it will work as well. I was amazed at its accuracy. Most other programs I have used in the past require you to "train" the SW, sometimes even store the voice version of the name you want to voice dial, etc.

Can you describe your problem? What error do you get? If the side key is not working for you, try launching the applications menu, looking for the icon with a picture of a girl's face (thats the voice activated application), and launch that.

You ofcourse need to have some names and numbers stored in the address book. Other wise, you cannot dial by name, you can only dial by number. Example "call 800 888 8888"

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~N8, I'm not sure if it is out yet but I came across something the other day describing a 3rd party app that will allow voice e-mailing from the 8100. You could probably find it if you look for it or I'll post a link if I find it again.

PIN/ID
    204B47D7

sanjeevjoshi. thanks for helping.
    I get the same thing you do, it says t say a command. I say call. It says say name or number. I say the name of the person in my address book or I have a contact entitled Home to call home. after I say either a name or my home contact, it always says no such name.
    Do I say names first or last name first? in my address book they are listed Last, First. Does this make a difference?Anyone with other ideas? I feel like a fool that no one else seems ot be having an issue What settings should I have it on unier "options"?
    Thanks again
    Jason

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice dialing on the pearl is beautiful. Started messing with it the first day. As soon as i realized i had to say "call" first, it hasnt missed a name on the first try! VERY impressed.

jasonrak, this is odd. Just check your address book once to make sure that the first names, last names, and phone numbers are in the proper fields - sometimes if you transfer info from another device, that may not be the case.

Lastly, try giving a voice prompt for a number, rather than a name. See if that works,, ie... "say a command" --> "call", "say a name or number", --> 1 800 888 8888 (or whatever number you want).

these are the only two things I can think of. If both fail, it may be a problem with your software.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast