Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by auggnation I have mms on my phone. It's something that requires their ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by auggnation View Post
    I have mms on my phone. It's something that requires their extra messaging package
    Do you have an 8130 with Alltel?

auggnation no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Do you have an 8130 with Alltel?
    Yeah, I called customer service they told me I needed to have an additional message package to send pictures or video cause their smart plan does not include them. It only includes SMS txt

Not true! I have an 8130 and an 8330 both on smartchoice plans and nothing extra...the 8130 can't even picture message

Only the 8330 can do MMS.....the pearl can't....only can send pics via email....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not true! I have an 8130 and an 8330 both on smartchoice plans and nothing extra...the 8130 can't even picture message

Only the 8330 can do MMS.....the pearl can't....only can send pics via email....

Guess they lied to me and I didn't just send a picture to my wife

Well it must be different by market......for "most" alltel 8130 owners it isn't possible to send a picture message unless sending it via email, BB messenger, or other IM app. Sending via standard picture messaging to another phone number hasn't been possible no matter what plan you have. I still email and call CS regularly(every week) asking when picture messaging will be available for my pearl and every time am told it will be in the next software update and no date available yet.

I have had my 8330 Curve for over a month now and am able to send picture messages to any phone on any network by using the send via MMS option and do this with my smartchoice plan with no add-ons.....

There are threads all over all the forums of people complaining about no picture messaging with their Alltel 8130s......so I guess you are the lucky one then and the rest of us are all jealous

Anyway...back on topic now......we want our 4.5.......now please!!!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Well it must be different by market......for "most" alltel 8130 owners it isn't possible to send a picture message unless sending it via email, BB messenger, or other IM app. Sending via standard picture messaging to another phone number hasn't been possible no matter what plan you have. I still email and call CS regularly(every week) asking when picture messaging will be available for my pearl and every time am told it will be in the next software update and no date available yet.

I have had my 8330 Curve for over a month now and am able to send picture messages to any phone on any network by using the send via MMS option and do this with my smartchoice plan with no add-ons.....

There are threads all over all the forums of people complaining about no picture messaging with their Alltel 8130s......so I guess you are the lucky one then and the rest of us are all jealous

Anyway...back on topic now......we want our 4.5.......now please!!!!
    4.5 will be grea
    t

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    i would really like the freaking 4.5 os as well all the wait is an outrage!!!!!!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    It is what it is, I wouldn't call it an outrage, but I'm definitely getting impatient.

Let's go RIM...we're waiting.

Valiantdust no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've seen some screens of 4.5 (some beta, no doubt) on an 8130, I've actually found betas for every CDMA model BUT the 8130, and I've heard that it has popped up in the wild -- but was always too late to get it myself.

The rationalist in me says that I have about as much evidence of a 4.5 beta for CDMA in the wild as I have for unicorns or Bigfoot -- but RIM did say that the release versions of 4.5 would be out for all compatible phones in September, and some carriers already have it out for their GSM phones, so hopefully it'll be our for CDMA carriers soon...

Fingers crossed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantdust View Post
    I've seen some screens of 4.5 (some beta, no doubt) on an 8130, I've actually found betas for every CDMA model BUT the 8130, and I've heard that it has popped up in the wild -- but was always too late to get it myself.

The rationalist in me says that I have about as much evidence of a 4.5 beta for CDMA in the wild as I have for unicorns or Bigfoot -- but RIM did say that the release versions of 4.5 would be out for all compatible phones in September, and some carriers already have it out for their GSM phones, so hopefully it'll be our for CDMA carriers soon...

Fingers crossed ...
    The local Verizon store has a beta in one of their stores. Crazy the sales man said nothing about it and shrugged it off

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm more interested in the whole mms thing for altel blackberries 8130 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    I'm more interested in the whole mms thing for altel blackberries 8130 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, we were here FIRST, and this is an EXCLUSIVE thread, intended for the EXCLUSIVE PURPOSE of WHINING about how WE DON'T HAVE OS 4.5 YET AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME. I suggest you go get your own thread grrrrr

I'm convinced that the reason we don't have 4.5 already is because RIM just doesn't take us CDMA guys seriously, and they're never GOING to take us seriously if we CAN'T EVEN KEEP OUR THREADS ON-TOPIC grrr grrrr grrrrrrrr

/totally joking lat, much love

valiantdust you're funny ....hahahaha.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Ok I've just about had it with people complaining about RIM releasing 4.5. RIM has already released 4.5, it is up to the individual carriers to certify it. Some carriers just don't want ANY bugs and this is what is causing the delay....You can't just lay the blame on RIM.

keiranwest = party pooper

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Ok I've just about had it with people complaining about RIM releasing 4.5. RIM has already released 4.5, it is up to the individual carriers to certify it. Some carriers just don't want ANY bugs and this is what is causing the delay....You can't just lay the blame on RIM.
    There's always one person who ruins it for everyone by injecting a bit of thoughtfulness and circumspection to what would otherwise have been a perfectly good spleen-venting rant-fest.

Although, now that I think of it, I don't think RIM has even released 4.5 for CDMA phones to carriers yet. I haven't seen any carriers offering it, anyway, FWIW. Even CDMA 4.5 betas have been scarce ...

... is that a good enough reason to continue ranting wildly in an ill-informed manner? I think it is, but I can't speak for everyone -- at least not without getting spittle and mouth-froth everywhere...

/no, I don't really think kw is a party pooper
    Last edited by Valiantdust; 07-22-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I didn't want to anger a guy with such an intimidating avatar

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast