I've been looking for an application similar to GPS, but without needing a reciever. Anyone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tpizzle33 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any "tracking" applications, similar to GPS?

Advertisement

I've been looking for an application similar to GPS, but without needing a reciever. Anyone know of anything?

ayseaf no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Any "tracking" applications, similar to GPS?

try google maps

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Both google maps (latest version as part of mobile.google.com download) and MSN Live Search (visit wls.live.com) have a "location on" feature that uses cell towers to get you within 1700ft of your location.

For those of us Verizon users who refuse to pay for VZ Navigator - thanks to MSN and Google for at least coming up with something that attempts to duplicate GPS that should work.

ratm68 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu View Post
    Both google maps (latest version as part of mobile.google.com download) and MSN Live Search (visit wls.live.com) have a "location on" feature that uses cell towers to get you within 1700ft of your location.

For those of us Verizon users who refuse to pay for VZ Navigator - thanks to MSN and Google for at least coming up with something that attempts to duplicate GPS that should work.
    i downloaded the new google and this feature is awesome! but for Live Search, where do you find that? I looked through all the option and can't find this. Please elaborate.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I've used live search and at this point Google Maps is better. Live doesn't update fast enough while moving at higher speeds and it's difficult to see the marker that shows where you are. You just can't beat that blinking blue dot.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

I just downloaded Infospace FindIt! and its awesome!! it gives you step by step directions (with voice)!!!

Its Kool........