I'm impressed with all the posters who've replaced their ipods/MP3 players with the Pearl. I'd ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HTTmd no está en línea Stack level 1

Any third-party media players?

Advertisement

I'm impressed with all the posters who've replaced their ipods/MP3 players with the Pearl. I'd love to do the same (once I get the stereo headphones), but I can't get past how amateurish the media player is. Are there third-party players that let you make your own playlist or view a playlist while listening? How about just skipping a song?

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Any third-party media players?

There is a way to make a playlist with an m3u, if my memory serves me right. However you can also create playlists by folders. Create folders on your mediacard in the music section add the song syou want in your play list and click "Play Folder". As far as skipping a song if you press "6" on your Pearl, it goes to the next song. Note: You can also go backward by pressing "4" on your Pearl. Havent heard anything about a 3rd party player yet, could be due to the fact that the pearl is very young and not too many applications out for it yet.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by ericugs; 10-11-2006 at 05:37 PM.

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Stupid question: all of the music services, or at least the legal ones (Napster, Rhapsody, Yahoo) seem to have a list of portable devices that they will work with. The Pearl, of course, is too new to be there. Can I just download songs onto a disc as an MP3 and transfer them to the Pearl, or do I need some intermediate hardware/software? Thanks,
    Bill

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Posted, in your thread but for others reading this: As long as they're not "protected" like iTunes you can easily transfer them over (.mp3 format)...

If its like iTunes and are .m4a you have to burn a CD -> Rip the CD to your computer in WMV format -> Use software to convert WMV to MP3 -> Transfer to your pearl.

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

To answer your question--yes there is

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._internet.html