Goo day all, Interested in knowing if anyone knows of sites where Pearlcasts - a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

Any sites offering PEARLcasts ?

Advertisement

Goo day all,

Interested in knowing if anyone knows of sites where Pearlcasts - a new term - or Pearl ready podcasts that can be downloaded without having to do the full video conversion trial ? Please post the appropriate URL.

Other than Limewire or BIT Torrents, anywhre else thta we can get .avi ready files (will most likely need video conversion feature - which can be ok) ?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Any sites offering PEARLcasts ?

podcasts (as a term) refer to audio, i think you mean vidcasts? thing is most vidcasts are in m4 and mov formats and even if you find an avi format, it will probably not be able to be played in the pearl because of formatting issues. even in .avi format most times it won't play without being converted first and that destroys the whole point of podcasts/vidcasts, which is direct opening/downloading from site to media player. also the pearl has a limited download via bb browser size so if someone were to set up a "pearlcast" site, they would have to make sure the video file was below whatever the cap amount is so the bb browser doesn't give error msg of some sort.

long story short, for now you're going to be stuck encoding and dragging videos onto your memory card. hopefully RIM addresses these issues in the coming OS releases.

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

Re: Any sites offering PEARLcasts ?

Thank you for setting that straight .... I can now stop my futile search on the net. Will just sadly need to get back to the video converter route.