Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by HITMONEY I recieved my 8120 today, Monday 3/24/08. I have a business ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
    I recieved my 8120 today, Monday 3/24/08. I have a business account.

I called the local brick and morter AT&T store in my town last Friday and they had no clue what I was talking about. I called 611 from my phone, got transfered to business accounts, said I want to upgrade to the 8120 on one of my lines, they said no problem, gave me an early upgrade, even knocked off about $50.00 from the price, I paid $249.00 I believe, they said all they had in stock was the blue, I said ok even though I prefer black, open the box 3 days later to find a BLACK 8120.

I could not have had a smoother transaction.

I was owed this trouble free pleasant experience after some previous run-ins with "AT&T Customer-Who-Cares".

Glad to see they are getting their act together if this experience wasn't a fluke.
    So how do you like it so far? Have you used the wifi? Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So no idea when us regular folk will be able to get the 8120? My company is with Sprint and I've chosen to pay for my own phone and keep AT&T - but I do get aggravated with that decision at times like this!

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    So how do you like it so far? Have you used the wifi? Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks.
    I really liked my 8100 and now the 8120 seems to have refined the 8100 even more and now I feel like I have a complete "smart" phone.

Being an ex-Motorola guy before my 8100, I really missed not having a video camera when I got my original Pearl. The 8120 solved that.

I also use to kinda cringe at the thought of having to use my 8100 to go online because it was so slow on Edge. The WiFi on the 8120 partially solved that as long as I am near a signal that I can use.

I have also yearned for A2DP, the 8120 is suppose to be so equipped but I have yet to try it.

The new OS is prettier and seems smoother yet the boot time is considerably longer.

The WiFi is awesome, click the WiFi setup, scan for surrounding signals (reminds me of Netstumbler) Pick the one you want, hit connect.. enter in any security key and you are on. Browsing the internet becomes joy full. The browser still needs work, the Achilles heel of BB, still.

The standard size headphone jack is also highly welcomed.

Loading data to the phone via the desktop manager is also much much quicker.

My plan is to get a 8gb card, load my music and vids on to that and say good bye to my iPod.

Over all build quality seems better, I can't say exactly why, it just feels better but this could just be me.

Now if it also had GPS built in, it would be a 100% complete phone.

Last edited by HITMONEY; 03-25-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Malicye no está en línea Stack level 1
    I went in to the corporate store this afternoon and spoke with a manager there. The 8100 is EOL (End of Life) and I suppose they were trying to clear out their stock of the 8100 before they stock the 8120s. However, he told me that they have no stock of the 8100 and neither do any of the stores in his district. He still has customers dying to get their hands on the 8100.

As far as my situation is concerned he told me that he was going to call his guy in distribution to find out exactly when they will be getting them in and gave me his card. Hopefully he will be getting back to me within the next couple of days to let me know if it will be days or weeks before they will be getting any.

I will keep you all posted as to my situation.

znolo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I read that the 8120 on ATT has just been released for non-business customers also, presumably to scoop T-Mobil.

I just bought an 8100 a few days ago, and will try to return it under their 30 day return program, and get an 8120.

she7213 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just placed my order over the phone for a blue 8120. The lady I talked to offered it to me in red, black, titanium/silverish (she said it not me), and blue. How many colors are they supposed to have? I was going to go with the titanium/silverish but thought it might be the incorrect info and I would end up getting a curve.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i am exactly sure bc att has way more bb colors then verizon but if the lady said they have it in that color for the 8120 then maybe they do, but then again csr's are sometimes not all there

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Was at the local at&t corp store this afternoon. Not in stock yet.

she7213 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I actually work at a corp store and we have no idea. My girlfriend was bugging me about it so I gave in and finally ordered her one.

Gadgetjunkies no está en línea Stack level 1
    I received my 8120 (black) from our premier site last week. I like everything about the phone except the speaker. Call quality is not as good as my 8100 (that I still have). Other than that it's a solid phone.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    as far as we know its only business or premier..but if u get a fan discount you automatically get directed to business care so they may be able to order it for you.. Just a thought
    What's a fan discount?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    FAN: Foundation Account Number or Corporate Account

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    TMO is pre ordering them right now and will be available April 14th.. I just upgraded to the Curve from my 8100 to get all the things that the 8120 can do. Oh man! I wonder if they would freak out on me if I called and begged for the 8120 instead.. The only color I see is silver on the website..

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by znolo View Post
    I read that the 8120 on ATT has just been released for non-business customers also, presumably to scoop T-Mobil.

I just bought an 8100 a few days ago, and will try to return it under their 30 day return program, and get an 8120.
    Are you sure it is 30 days? TMO is only 14. Better check!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i thought att was 30 days? i know verizon is 30 days and i always compared them as having the same return policy because we use both those carriers for our company phones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast